Team 11 Roost Raiders

Old 03-24-2011, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Alrighty, I got my team avatar set now. Time to win this contest! Welcome Talondale. When do you start hunting?
Old 03-24-2011, 03:51 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Talondale
Hey guys. Checking in. I hunt in VA and average bird is around 9-10" beard and 3/4" to 1" spurs. Decent 2 year birds. Glad to be on the team.
Welcome brother. Weren't we on the same team last year ?
Old 03-24-2011, 04:41 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Timbrhuntr
That looks cool but can we also stretch it out to use as our signature instead of as the avatar.
Ya if you wanna do that you can it looks pretty cool also. I might do that infact!
Old 03-24-2011, 04:49 PM
Typical Buck

Tried to put it in the signature but it doesn't accept pictures.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:00 AM
Typical Buck

Alright 11, it's on in the morning, hope to get things going. dog1
Old 03-25-2011, 11:16 AM
Typical Buck

Go get them dog1. From what JW says I guess I don't need to wish you good luck just post up that bird when you get it.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:01 PM
Fork Horn

how do i put that as my background?
Old 03-26-2011, 05:08 PM
JW
Super Moderator

For my friend dog1

Killed 7:35 a.m. this morning, Weighed-23.0 lbs, R. spur-1 an 1 quarter inch, L. spur-1 and 3 eights inch, beard-11 and 3 quarter inches.
Your score is 23 + 12.5 + 13.75 + 23.5 = 72.75

Today was opening day in Georgia. I got in the woods around 5:30 a.m., really no idea where to go, just walked in where I heard a bird a couple weeks ago. At 6:50 a.m. he gobbled about 250 or 300 yards away. Some people say don't call while he's on the roost, but I do, but very softly.

Every other time he gobbled, I called, starting soft, and louder as he got louder. I changed type of calls everyother time he gobbled. I knew when he flew down by the sound of his gobble. I actually thought he was going away from me but he was making sort a half moon arc around me. I had my mouth call in, but didn't use it till I was ready to make the shot. When I finally saw him, I laid all my calls down except the mouth call, and when he got close enough and when he went behind a tree I got my gun up. When he steped out from behind the tree I made a soft cluck with the mouth call, his head went up and the rest is history, he never made a flop.

I must say, when I got home with him I weighed and measure everything 4 times. Weight-23 lbs, beard 11 3/4 inches, R. Spur-1 1/4in., Left spur-1 3/8 in. I must add, the tape measurement pic. of the beard is misleading, when I started measuring his beard it was 11 3/4 inches but it started falling out, guess from pullying on it and the beard actually appears a little shorter. Regardless, I'm proud of him.

Thanks,
dog1
Old 03-28-2011, 12:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go Dog1! Congrats. My season doesn't open for two more weeks, which allows things to warm up a bit.

Welcome brother. Weren't we on the same team last year ?
Timbrhuntr I went back and looked and yeah, we were. I got skunked last year. Birds were acting weird according to everyone I talked to. Had a friend use my hot spot the last weekend with his daughter and she shot her first tom. I didn't see anything but heard a few. Hope this year is better.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:11 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Talondale
Way to go Dog1! Congrats. My season doesn't open for two more weeks, which allows things to warm up a bit.

Timbrhuntr I went back and looked and yeah, we were. I got skunked last year. Birds were acting weird according to everyone I talked to. Had a friend use my hot spot the last weekend with his daughter and she shot her first tom. I didn't see anything but heard a few. Hope this year is better.

Hey man, I wasn't making any comment about whether you did or didn't get a bird last year, doesn't bother me either way. Sometimes it happens sometimes it doesn't lots of reasons. I just thought I recognized the name and the avatar pic is all.

Nice pics Dog (JW). Man I love pics of dead turkeys.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.