Community

Team 9 - Last Call

Old 05-04-2011, 08:57 AM
car
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by ek_buckmaster
Got a Tom this morning! I know this isn't the best pic but it's the best I could do by myself with a cell phone. If they need a better one lemme know.
Eastern
18lbs
9 inch beard
5/8 inch right
1/2 inch left

Congrats on your bird!
Old 05-04-2011, 01:15 PM
Fork Horn

glad yall are doing something. our season ended quietly. i heard turkeys once out of the last 4 weekends. we are still getting pics on game cameras but no gobbleing. struck out this year. good luck guys...........tony
Old 05-12-2011, 07:47 AM
car
Typical Buck

wow, filled my second tag this morning. I'll post to night. Not too bad of a bird.
Old 05-13-2011, 07:25 PM
car
Typical Buck

filled my last tag for Ohio.
weight 20 1/4 lb
beard 10 1/2
spur 4/8
spur 5/8

NWTF SCORE OF 52.5
Attached Thumbnails Team 9 - Last Call-2011-gun-turkey-006-small-.jpg   Team 9 - Last Call-2011-gun-turkey-011-small-.jpg  

Last edited by JW; 06-20-2011 at 02:05 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:47 AM
Fork Horn

Here is my first bird it was:
19 pounds
7 inch beard
1/2 inch spur Right
1/2 inch spur Left
NWTF SCORE OF 43.00

Here is my second bird: My Mothers Day Bird:
25 pounds
9 inch beard
1 3/8 inch spur Right
1 3/8 inch spur Left
NWTF SCORE OF 70.5

I should have had a few more but I took my bow~ LOL !!!
I did have a great Mothers Day what a hunt!!!
Congrats to everyone who has shot birds out there
WOW what a Team~ Great job guys and little gentlemen!!!!

I had a great Mothers Day it started out at about 3:00 am I got up to try again and headed out, I heard a few gobbles as soon as I stepped out of the car he was gobbling and he called out the whole walk up, He was right on the other side of my creek so I could not go in the woods like I was going to. So I just snuck up to where I could see him and watched him gobble and gobble and gobble then he flew down and headed east gobbling the whole time. There was one other big boy down the creek and I could hear some jakes down there as well but they went WEST.

So I figured now was the time to get across my creek and get to the top of that hill, I sat for sometime and called but it seemed they were all getting further and further away. I walked the top of the ridge calling out. I thought I could hear one calling out but it seems as if I hear phantom gobbles every once in awhile this time of year, and if it was a turkey he is FAR FAR away!

So I decided to take this time to look for a mushroom on the front side of the hill so they couldn't see me. As I was looking for the mushrooms, I would call out every once in awhile just to see if a turkey may respond, to my avail nothing. I started to find a few mushrooms after about stepping on one, It was getting pretty hot out so I took off my face mask and hat and put my gun down. I was finding little grays and about a inch and drying out. I said to myself if we don't get rain our mushroom season will be over before it get started, I was not going to leave there until I found a little bag for that afternoon for when we all get together for dinner, I was on my hands and knees pushing around leaves looking for them little suckers!!! Then all of a sudden from the back side of the hill I hear a thundress GOBBLE, GOBBLE, GOBBLE. I said "OH **** a tom is coming this way", Then franticly I start looking for my head net and gun that I have sat down somewhere? Then again even closer GOBBLE ,GOBBLE, GOBBLE.
FOUND my head net and plopped my butt right beside a giant oak tree. Pulled out my call and yelped a few times & GOBBLE, GOBBLE,GOBBLE and could hear him drum so I know he is real close now!! I was looking at a few of the trees that were on that trail runs right beside me and out pops a big red head GOBBLE, GOBBLE ,GOBBLE.
I watch him strut and drum and gobble a few times.
I got a open shot and settled that bb on him he gobbled out his ~ LAST CALL ~ BOOM!!! He hit the dirt!! I jumped up and ran over to get him and he started to flop and just and about the time I got up to him he flopped him self right off a 30 foot embankment. You should have seen my face!!! I looked over and there he was at the bottom of the embankment. I went down and got him it was a pain to get him back up! His beard was not that long about 8 1/2 to 9 inches and the tips of it were red and blond, but the spurs on that guy were long . That was big OLD tom right there! What a rush!!! It NEVER GETS OLD!!

After that I THANKED GOD and said Happy Mothers Day to me and went back to picking mushrooms and I did find about 75 mushrooms right in the same spot where my turkey went off the cliff!!!
I could not wait to tell the boys and want to see how their morning went we all met up and had them for dinner that day!

So sorry for such a long story, I cant help myself.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL
TEAM LAST CALL

Last edited by JW; 06-20-2011 at 02:10 PM.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:51 AM
Fork Horn

It did not show my pics? I will try again...
Attached Thumbnails Team 9 - Last Call-0411010829_2.jpg  
Old 05-14-2011, 03:56 AM
Fork Horn

Ok that worked..
Attached Thumbnails Team 9 - Last Call-dsc00059.jpg   Team 9 - Last Call-dsc00039.jpg   Team 9 - Last Call-dsc00020_2.jpg   Team 9 - Last Call-dsc00016-1_2.jpg   Team 9 - Last Call-dsc00014_2.jpg  

Old 05-14-2011, 04:36 AM
car
Typical Buck

Wow what a Mothers Day bird! Real nice, congrats.
Old 05-14-2011, 11:33 AM
Fork Horn

Great birds everyone!! I wish i knew where we really stood in the standings b/c i dont think our team has been updated for a long time
Old 05-17-2011, 02:28 AM
car
Typical Buck

There hasn't been many post lately. So is everyone done?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.