Community

Team 9 - Last Call

Old 03-10-2011, 07:06 AM
Fork Horn

temp dropped last night. didn't hear a bird. so far this year i have heard a total of 8 gobbles and 7 of those were while rabbit hunting. we haven't seen a dogwood bloom yet. maybe a late season around here. which is ok. all the part timers will be done by the time it gets kicked off.................tony
Old 03-10-2011, 09:40 AM
Fork Horn

my vote is for last call as well!! I just want this snow to melt so i can get out and scout more!
Old 03-10-2011, 04:53 PM
Fork Horn

Who is the capt of the team... It looks like someone has sort of volunteered but not real sure on that!
It seems we only have 3 people that have yet to check in... (DawnPatrol, BuckRogers, jdb 77) as far as I can figure! Not sure when the final check in/replacement date is but hopefully we can send a message to those 3 to see if they are still participating! I know that life happens and changes your plans!!!
I will be hunting in PA with 2 tags to fill... If anyone on the team is hunting NY, PA, or Ohio would possibly like to link up to kill some birds? I can purchase a NY or Ohio tag if need be!
I like the name Strut Busters...
The weather here has been mix or rain and snow... Rain monday, Snow tuesday, Rain wednesday, Snow thursday etc etc etc... So its been a tough spring so far! I plan on getting out to the woods next week to see if I hear any gobbling but my season doesnt start until May... the only thing thats gonna do is get me all worked up for nothing!

Last edited by kpatte26; 03-10-2011 at 05:15 PM. Reason: Condense previous posts
Old 03-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Fork Horn

I am checking in. Sorry it took so long it has been a hectic week for me. Looks like I got put on a team with some great hunters. I will be hunting in Oklahoma so are season doesn't open til April 6 so a few of you are getting in the woods before me. I am fine with any team name. Good luck to everybody can't wait to see all the pics.

Last edited by jdb_77; 03-11-2011 at 02:45 PM.
Old 03-11-2011, 06:38 PM
Typical Buck

Came home for the night and will be going back out in the am. Had a little incident with my toe and that's slowed me down a little. No gobbles for the last 2 days but maybe it will pick up again Sunday. I think the panther's have em shut up.

We don't have any internet out there so I won't be able to get things organized until next wk. for the team. So far I think Last Call is winning for the name but keep voting.

I have a feeling JJone's will have our first bird on the ground tomorrow!!!

My bad toe. Don't look if your squeamish!! lol

http://i628.photobucket.com/albums/u...03-2011048.jpg
Old 03-12-2011, 12:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im here. been busy.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:28 PM
car
Typical Buck

Strut Busters sounds like a good name to me. What do the rest of you think?
Old 03-13-2011, 07:10 PM
Fork Horn

well this weekend was alabama's youth hunt.saturday dawned cold. i had frost on my truck. i had a girl(hannah) from down the road with me. we didn't hear anything. we check a couple of properties. i took her back to camp around 10am. my buddy keith was there with his son. he just came up for the morning. hannah was tired so she hit the camper. i told keith about a plot that i always saw turkeys in during deer season. he asked me to ride with them and check it out. we parked at the gate and walked in. i got up about 100 yards ahead just in case the turkeys were there. i rounded the corner to a strait away thats about 150 yards to the food plot. as i eased up to the corner i saw a bunch of turkeys in the plot. i backed out and had keith and his son take a peek. the road had a slight bend and it was in the shadows. i eased keith and son up to about 100 away and set them up just off the side of the road. i slipped into the woods and back to the corner and set up. i started calling and they started coming. it was several hens but they had atleast a couple of jakes. i think they spotted keith and son because there was one load putt then a flurry of wingbeats. i couldn't really see well. this morning hannah and me was in the same plot. after the fog burnt off, we heard one gobble behind us. i'm sure it was a jake but i didn't care. the young'uns can shoot what they want. i started calling to him. then another one gobbled about 100 off the food plot but i could hear hens. so i tried to copy the hens and get them to check me out and maybe bring the gobbler. it didn't work out. right before we left we heard another gobble 3 times so i plan on being back there friday morning with my gun.we heard about 15 gobbles this morning. tuesday i'm headed to some public land close to work where a not so bright hunter told me he heard 2 friday. he even gave me details. good luck to the rest of you thats hunting...........tony
Old 03-14-2011, 04:28 PM
Fork Horn

Put this one down yesterday evening
Old 03-14-2011, 04:33 PM
Fork Horn

Congratulations !!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.