Super Moderator

Come on SS and RPD
Old 04-03-2011, 08:15 AM
EFH
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Arrowmaster
Come on SS and RPD
Come on guy's!!!! Get em!!!

It's been a week since my last bird and hunt on my private land. Went yesterday and not feeling good about the rest of season there, hopefully I'll get to go to Lauderdale Co. before seasons out. Found no gobbler sigh what so ever! My place is muddy, and everything leaves a track or some kind of sign. No gobbling in ear shot, or any shots. Also I walk out of my land through about 250 acres of 5 year old pines, and I jumpped 3 hens. They're on their nests and theres no gobbling!!! Dang, is it over already in this area? They were hammerin 3 weeks before season started! You would think that would make a easy kill if they're not with hen's, but were the heck are they? LOL! Anyways, far from giving up, it's just going to be tuff now! Good luck every one, let's put some birds on the ground!!!!!!!
Old 04-03-2011, 08:35 AM
Super Moderator

Just fried up some turkey nuggets from last years turkey. Its so good. Need another turkey now to put in the freezer. Come on season.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:55 PM
Fork Horn

Well guys nothing to get a guy excited yet, it's SNOWING here again!! Got the camera out but it doesn't appear that there are any fresh tracks in the sand were it's set up. I'll give it a week and then go check the card and see if any action. If not I have to find another spot to set the camera up!!
Old 04-03-2011, 04:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Still nothing guys. Worst turkey season of my life so far and I hate I'm not pitching in some points this year. I usually got two or three down by now. I went with a buddy to his club today and heard zero birds. I'm starting to think we had a bad hatch around here a few years ago or something. There just seems like there's not as many birds around this season. I'm frustrated and bout ready to quit honestly. I think I'm getting so tired of it because I got a bunch of other stuff on my mind that are just a little more important at this point in my life. I had a job interview last Thursday in Georgia and it's looking like me and wifey will be moving in the next few weeks, we hope so at least. If that happens I probably won't be able to hunt but two or three more times. Just a bad season for me with all this other stuff going on. I started off hoping for 3 or 4 birds, now I'm praying to luck up and get just 1.
Old 04-03-2011, 04:51 PM
Super Moderator

We have a late season up here SS. Maybe we can squeeze a weekend in up here.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:35 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

Hey SS, I went again this afternoon hoping for a late bird, and I ran hens out of the young pines again. They're looking like it's the end of April! I'm getting worried too, now that you've mentioned it I haven't seen a Jake and not many hens! I posted this a while back, but I found a hen setting in late Aug. when I was cutting greenfields! She had a bunch of eggs, you think maybe all the rain right after season last year ruined nests?
Old 04-04-2011, 04:23 AM
Giant Nontypical

Stick with it SS... i remember feeling that way a few years ago and wound up scoring on the last day of a 4 week season.
Good luck with the job... sometimes reality has a cruel way of interfering with our priorities!!!
Old 04-04-2011, 04:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

tried "pimping" out my turkey gun this year. I have a remington 870 Express SuperMag. I put on the new SureShot forend and grip half way through last season and then added the red dot last week. I put on the TruGlo that has the integrated saddle mount made just for 870s. I also took my stock remington Super full turkey choke out and switched to a Primos Tight Wad... it is a bazooka now!
If I miss, I know it ain't the gun's fault!
Old 04-04-2011, 04:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

tried "pimping" out my turkey gun this year. I have a remington 870 Express SuperMag. I put on the new SureShot forend and grip half way through last season and then added the red dot last week. I put on the TruGlo that has the integrated saddle mount made just for 870s. I also took my stock remington Super full turkey choke out and switched to a Primos Tight Wad... it is a bazooka now!
If I miss, I know it ain't the gun's fault!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.