Community

Team 4 Spurr'n Longbeards

Old 04-09-2011, 06:13 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by EFH
Yea man! You know I've been in the woods! Been hunting through this mid season lull I guess. Actually heard my first gobble in over a week on my land today. The bad thing is, I couldnt tell I had a couple hundred yards to close to setup good on him and I was fired up, but the dang thing only gobbled twice and for the life of me I couldn't tell if he was left or right! Haha!!! Hopefully he won't be so tight lipped in the mornin. Man the bugs are tuff too, it was like 69deg. when I got out the truck at 5 this morning!
You don't have long to wait now, are you ready yet?
Gettin there EFH, checkd one spot today and there was 7 strutt'n around out out in the field. They were out in the field all afternoon but they all appeared to be jakes but not sure on the two that were just over the rise in the field could see red heads but they didnt give the opportunity to see their beards. Did get the GREEN LIGHT on permission to hunt that spot again this year. It was 64 degrees here today so maybe that will get the turkeys to start showin themselves better now------I HOPE!!!!
Old 04-11-2011, 04:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Had the youth hunt education day Sat... kids are shooting good...
This guy was hanging around all Sat AM...
Old 04-11-2011, 08:01 AM
Fork Horn

only have to wait another 9 days! Been seeing some strutters though!
Old 04-11-2011, 03:00 PM
EFH
Typical Buck

Western MA, man that's a GOOD lookin bird!

dandbuck, awww snaps cuz! 9 days, you'll be postin a longbeard for team 4!

Good luck to everyone who's season is coming up! Hope you all tag out and hunt safe. I'll be hunting in north AL this weekend, hopefully get on some birds that don't know all my tricks! LOL!
Old 04-12-2011, 04:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck EFH...
Old 04-12-2011, 09:02 AM
Fork Horn

Nice bird Western MA, and good luck to you EFH!! Went out this morning for a drive and actually seen a few toms out strutting around so hopefully things keep getting better now that the weather has warmed a bit. Checked the trail cam yesterday and only one picture of a single hen on it so I moved it to another spot for a few days now. Hopefully this team will be busy next week posting a bunch of birds to put us in the #1 spot!!!
Old 04-13-2011, 02:49 PM
Fork Horn

Just wanted to give an update. Hunted Sat all day and Monday AM and it's slow for me. Lots of shenanigans on private land opening day with idiots....Hopefully things will turn around.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator

Keep at em blackheel. I leave this Sunday for Missouri. I'll be ready to get on em for Missouris opener on the 18th. Seeing that I wont have access to a computer, I need someone to step up and score the birds while Im gone and post them in the scoring thread. Any volunteers. If I happen to kill one while Im in Missouri Turkey Goddess will post the pics for me and give the measurments. Good luck to all and be safe BTW I feel the rush coming
Old 04-14-2011, 04:46 AM
Giant Nontypical

good luck guys
Old 04-15-2011, 12:36 PM
Fork Horn

Good Luck all, season starts here Wed. AM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.