Team 3 The Turkey Thugs

Old 03-16-2011, 03:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome Simon. It looks like we have a strong team
I think that this is the 1st Team that I've been on where everyone assigned all checked in.

Hey JW, I assume that you have called off the request for a replacement?
Old 03-16-2011, 06:46 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Yep - we might get some others as more are signing in. And I know we like to keep the team with the same amount of hunters

JW
Old 03-21-2011, 07:21 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Well plan is coming together.

Just bought my Online 3rd season! So that makes 3 kills tags I own now.

Am going after 4th, 5th, 6th, seasons in zone 1 and then 5th, and 6th in zone 5 all in Wisc.

So I could whack
4 in TN
1 in MI
7 in WI ?

A Dozen????? We know that is a pipe dream but I will be out there and I don't shoot jakes - I do with a camera!

JW
Old 03-24-2011, 09:56 AM
JW
Super Moderator

Wow must be on a team of old grumpy guys who don't talk much!

I am soon to be 61 - any of you older and wizer?

JW
Old 03-25-2011, 04:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not by a long shot JW, I'm 39.
Are you retired? Is that how you can hunt so much?
I'll probably only get weekends in this year, and I know a have a hospital stay coming up, I really hope that it doesn't interfere with the season because I really am looking forward to getting out there.
I hunt a friends 100acre hobby farm. The winter plays a huge role on my success rates, the birds winter elsewhere but always come back and love the property. Its just a question if they come back early or later. A few years ago I tagged out 1st two days of the season, last year I didn't see a bird. I score most years though.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:20 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Yep tschaef - I am retired and hunt more now than before but while I was working I had an agreement with my wife.

Since I had more time in grade and had more vacation - 2 weeks was for family and the rest I could use to hunt - and I was the one who stayed home with sick kids. Was a good agreement.

But as I got older and they left the nest - wife didn't want to travel so I had vacation to use and it did not carry over. So use it I did.

Now another thing - I'd rather hunt birds and do this in spring as there is nothing esle to hunt but come fall I usualy don't hunt turkeys as there are way to many other birds to hunt wiht my dogs. I deer hunt if I have time.

And all these tags I am going after - may be a day or two here and there.

But good luck out there.........and be safe sonny!

JW
Old 03-29-2011, 05:51 AM
Fork Horn

I am the ripe age of 32 and find myself more of a looker on forums than a poster. This week has spiked my interest in the upcoming KY season though. I have been seeing two strutters on my parents' land where I always hunt opening morning. This has proven to be a very productive spot for me in the last two or three years. I hope it will continue its good luck as my wife will be tagging along with me this year.
Old 03-31-2011, 05:50 PM
Fork Horn

JW sent me the HuntingNetwork.com stickers. If anyone from Team 3 would like to have one, I will be happy to send you one free of charge if you supply me your name and address on my e-mail at [email protected].
Old 04-01-2011, 03:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks Turkman but I'm not too worried about stickers. I don't wanna put the cost of international postage on you, and I can't send a self addressed envelope because I have no way to buy American stamps. Maybe I'll change my mind when we win this thing, till then don't worry about me.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:47 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Posatage to you ain't much more than usa

jw

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.