Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010-2011 Turkey Contests
Team 12 - SPURminators 2011 CHAMPS >

Team 12 - SPURminators 2011 CHAMPS

Team 12 - SPURminators 2011 CHAMPS

Old 05-08-2011, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys, believe it or not, we are currently in first place. I just hope it stays that way. There are a lot of guys still hunting though, so anything can happen. Haven't heard from JakeGrice, MDManiac, and QuacksnRacks in a while. Let us know how your season has gone.
Old 05-08-2011, 05:44 PM
Fork Horn

well guys our last week is starting tomm and i could only hunt 2 of them days so i went out tonight to aspot i knew had some jakes and a long beard staying in. the jakes showed up and mr longbeard did not. so i busted a jake ill get pics tomm and all the stats. i wanted to hold out but time was winding down and im not eating a tag(im eating turkey).
Old 05-08-2011, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing wrong with shooting a jake. I usually don't do it, but I took one this year. It wasn't my first, and it probably won't be my last. Plus they taste dang good. I'll submit the score as soon as you get it in. Congrats on your bird.
Old 05-10-2011, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I believe we have been knocked off the top. Hopefully one of the four who haven't scored yet are still hunting and can connect on one. This is the last call for stickers. For you guys who haven't given me your address, if you want one, I need your address. I sure would like to hear from every team member, just to see how your seasons have gone. Just because you don't kill a bird doesn't mean you can't check in and tell us how your season is going. Anybody hunting this weekend?
Old 05-10-2011, 06:30 PM
Fork Horn

ok guys heres the pics and stats of my jake. man he was tasty lol. he was 17lbs even 5 5/8 beard and left spur 1/2 an right spur 1/2. might not look very big but realize im 6'1" and 240
.http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/z...ow0179/002.jpg
http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/z...ow0179/001.jpg
Old 05-10-2011, 06:32 PM
Fork Horn

hey super keep in touch with me even after this turkey contest and maybe you can come up to ohio next year and give it a try.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll have to think about that tedrow. That's a long way to drive from Louisiana, but it sounds interesting. I appreciate the invite. That was a big jake you killed. I guess the birds are just a little larger up there than they are down here. I would call that a super jake. Your bird scores 38.25. I submitted the score. Are you done for the season?
Old 05-11-2011, 06:06 PM
Fork Horn

all the birds up here get to eat alot of crops. corn!!!! i shot a kae last year that weighed 19lbs so yea the birds are pretty heavy up here. yea im done 2 bird limit and season ends sunday. id like to trvel and hunt but time just dont allow it(wife and kids)lol. yea that would def be a long a$$ drive but, it could be worth it if you hit the season right. i know there will be some long spurred heavy birds for next year. the spot ikilled that jake at a buddies wife shot her first bird the 2 day of season it was 22lbs 10.5 beard and 1 5/8 spurs. thats a toad!!!
Old 05-14-2011, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a bird going bonkers on the roost this mornig but I couldn't bring him in. I ended up bumping one in a field about an hour later. I circled around and had that bird going nuts for a short time, but no joy. If that first bird continues to roost where he is, I think I've got a great spot to set up next time I get out. Hopefully I'll be able to skip out of work for a day next week and get after him.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:07 AM
Typical Buck

Hello team, still hunting untill may 31st here in NY...

Had two real nice longbeards (I should say Long Ropes...) within 125yds but no dice this morning, lots of hens, little gobbling compared to last year, tough goin for me so far, 2 of my hunting buddies have scored already, so its my turn next...working on it! should be able to atleast get one!

Take Care and good luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.