Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010-2011 Turkey Contests
Team 12 - SPURminators 2011 CHAMPS >

Team 12 - SPURminators 2011 CHAMPS

Community

Team 12 - SPURminators 2011 CHAMPS

Old 04-20-2011, 06:15 PM
Fork Horn

well guys i got one this morning. it was a great fast paced hunt. heres the story. i got up at 4:50 and looked outside it was pouring so went back to bed. wife woke me up at 7 and i got lil one ready to go for the day. so i left house at 7:25 it was warm and not raining. i drove to my "honeyhole" and got to woods at 7:40. as i was walking in to an oil well road i heard one light up about 200yds away i didnt even call yet. i set up and got all ready and made a few calls and boom gobblin in all directions. i had 5-8 diff birds responding. i made a few more calls and they started double and triple gobblin. the bird that was the furthest was the hottest. i sat and didnt make a call for 10 min then all of a sudden GOBBLE at 25 yrds above me. i about sh$t myself. i waited then he gobbled 50yds right in front of me. i couldnt see anything yet. then out of coener of my eye i saw him 30yds and when i saw him he gobbled. i slowly moved gun and he saw me. he putted and when he stepped out from behind tree BOOM!
sorry so long guys but it was worth all suspense.

he was 26lbs 1 oz. 11" beard and 1.25 spurs on both legs.
http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/z...eerxmas063.jpg
http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/z...eerxmas062.jpg
http://i837.photobucket.com/albums/z...eerxmas061.jpg
Old 04-21-2011, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

awesome bird tedrow! congrats!! way to get it done
Old 04-21-2011, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Damn tedrow, that's a pig. They don't grow that big down here. Awesome bird, congrats. That one will really help the team. I'm in Texas right now, so when I get back I'll submit the score. Oh what the hell, I'll submit it from here. I didn't have any luck today. It was very foggy this morning and it drizzled all morning. The birds were silent. That is if there were any birds at all. I'm going to a better place in the morning, so maybe I'll have better luck. The wind is supposed to blow 30 tomorrow, so it may be tough.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tedrow, your bird scores 73.0625. Awesome bird. I submitted the score.
Old 04-21-2011, 05:53 PM
Fork Horn

thanks guys. i cant get out again til sat morning. i have one more bird to get and i know there are alot of 3 year old and older birds where we hunt at. i think i can better my score. well not really that is the all around biggest bird ive ever got. well good luck to everyone and lets get tagged out.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:17 PM
Typical Buck

Tedrow congrats on a great bird. Well gang we did not make it to the woods today. Woke to rain and wind, went back to bed and woke up at 9 am to find rain and no wind. I don't understand how a weather man keeps his job sometimes. They where calling for 20 + mph wind after lunch so I stayed home and kicked back. Later I noticed again it was not doing what they said. Well rested so me and my son are going at it all day tommorw as he tries for a second bird with his bow. Good Hunting to all.
Old 04-23-2011, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just got back from Texas and was able to take two birds. Thursday was a bust. Went Friday morning and called in two different jakes. I let the first one walk. I sat there and asked myself why. Afterall today was going to be my last day for the year and I wanted some more meat. I worked the 2nd jake about 30 min. later and decided to take him. It was a 40 yard shot. He weighed 15 lbs., had 1/2 spurs, and a 5 inch beard. The wind started blowing about 20 t0 25, but I decided to go out for the afternoon just in case. I heard a gobble way off about 6:15, but because of the wind, I couldn't pinpoint where it came from. I went in the direction I thought he was, and I was right. After working this bird for an hour, I finally got a shot at him at 50 yards. It was 7:25 when I shot him. Good thing I decided to head out for an afternoon hunt. He weighed 20 lbs. 12 oz., both spurs were 1 inch, and had a 10 inch beard. Ended my season in a great way. I have to resize my pics. They will be coming up.
Old 04-23-2011, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here are my two Texas Rios.
Attached Thumbnails Team 12 - SPURminators 2011 CHAMPS-100_1667.jpg   Team 12 - SPURminators 2011 CHAMPS-100_1675.jpg  
Old 04-23-2011, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats superstrutter! that tom is a beautiful bird. im down to a week until opening day, i cant wait
Old 04-24-2011, 08:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice turkeys.

I gave up on my "prime" hunting spot.. This year is messed up. Its been raining every freakin weekend so I can never get out and where my awesome land is is right next to crick that sometimes can get pretty high. Not sure if turkeys dont like mud and water... ?
Im moving the blind tonight to my grandparents. Hopefully it will turn out differant there..
One thing I do know is that my blind is amazing. for those of you who dont have a blind or are wanting to buy a new one... get a DOUBLE BULL!!!!!
I had this blind out in 50 mph winds, pouring down rain, actually I take that back.. tornado winds...Last week or whenever Iowa had a crap ton of tornados.. and well we were close to having one by us. Wind was feirce! And guess what!! My blind stayed intact to the ground!!! and its out in the middle of no where. I have it on the edge of a field.. theres not trees/brush or anything blocking the wind.. Its just out there. Greatest blind ever!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.