Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010-2011 Turkey Contests
Team 12 - SPURminators 2011 CHAMPS >

Team 12 - SPURminators 2011 CHAMPS

Community

Team 12 - SPURminators 2011 CHAMPS

Old 04-05-2011, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

well went for a walk tonight before dark to look for and listen for birds. saw at least 15 toms and most of them were strutting. A bunch were gobbling as well. Just as I got home I looked out the back door and turkeys were coming into the yard. Ended up being 10 hens, 3 jakes and 2 toms, one of those being a monster double bearded bird that i havent seen before. Both beards were at least 9 inches, and he was a huge bodied bird. definitely an old one but unfortunately one of his spurs is broke off. He spent most of his time chasing the smaller tom out of the yard and once he ran him off just strutted for the ladies. Hopefully i can get on him when the season comes around, but with so many birds around it might be tough.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Man it looks like you have a sweet spot. I just hope they hang around for you til season opens.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tedrow, the old hevis and the HD's I use are also 1 7/8 oz. The new hevi shot in 1 7/8 oz aren't worth a flip in my gun. This is why I now use the HD's. They are awesome in my gun.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:19 AM
Fork Horn

the new hds what oz load do you shoot? i may try some just for the heck of it. hunt4life sounds like you may need the rest of the team to come and help whack all them birds lol. good luck i hope you get a shot at the double bearded one.
Old 04-06-2011, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by tedrow
the new hds what oz load do you shoot?
1 7/8 oz. 6 shot. They shoot awesome in my setup.
Old 04-08-2011, 04:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bought a new call today from cabelas! Im gonna be impatient getting it in the mail. I hope they get the order in today and ship it before the weekend. So I can have it on monday or tuesday. 3 more days until season starts!! I got everything ready and now comes that looooong wait.
Old 04-08-2011, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

what call did you get Andrew? and come on 3 days is nothing, it will fly by and before you know it you will be out in the woods hammerin a big ol' longbeard!
Old 04-08-2011, 08:40 AM
Fork Horn

so what kind of calls do you all prefer? im a pot call guy and finish them with a mouth call. i make my own pot calls and not to toot my own horn they sound great. i use aluminum,crystal and slate. all serve there own purpose to me. and i make strikers too.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Hunt4Life23
what call did you get Andrew? and come on 3 days is nothing, it will fly by and before you know it you will be out in the woods hammerin a big ol' longbeard!
I ordered a HS ring zone slate. Ive heard good reviews about it and it was one of the cheaper ones so Im gonna try it out. You can never have to many calls right? I played around with the glass hs ring zone at our sporting good store. It sounded pretty decent.

2 more days!! Taking the girlfriend out today so she can shoot a shotgun for the first time in her life! I talked her into going turkey hunting this year so hopefully I can call one in for her. She went and sat with me while I bowhunted with me this year.. She went like 5 or 6 times and enjoyed everytime and she witnessed me shooting 3 deer, one monster buck. I also noticed that when ever I was with her, I saw more deer... and BIGGER bucks!!! Whats up with that? She must be a good luck charm.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Pope94/IA
I also noticed that when ever I was with her, I saw more deer... and BIGGER bucks!!! Whats up with that? She must be a good luck charm.
Send her my way next deer season.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.