Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010-2011 Turkey Contests
Team 12 - SPURminators 2011 CHAMPS >

Team 12 - SPURminators 2011 CHAMPS

Community

Team 12 - SPURminators 2011 CHAMPS

Old 03-29-2011, 04:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

13 days till season! The countdown begins!

Anybody know how the turkey contest stickers are going? Whos our captain? Sorry I haven't been on in awhile so I sort of forgot.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

i made the sticker but im not sure how the process is going. i know i sent the sticker to them and they said the sticker company was working on them so hopefully they are done soon! Ive been in the contest the last two years and have failed to actually get a sticker unfortunately. I dont know if they always get lost in the mail or never get sent. Hopefully this year I get one.

Superstrutter is our captain. And Andrew your lucky you only have 13 days left till the season! I still have over a month. Watched four toms strut and gobble for over an hour behind my house this morning. Even watched two of them breed hens. They kept kicking one of the toms out away from the group so I opened up the sliding glass door and called once with just my mouth and he came strutting right into the yard looking for the hen. Man I wish the season was going right now, I'd be having some fun out there! Every morning they come behind my house and into my yard strutting and the last couple days they are finally strutting and gobbling at night as well behind the house before going to roost. hopefully they hang around for another month and they will be in trouble!
Old 03-29-2011, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am the captain and I have sent my address to receive the stickers. Everyone will get a sticker, I will make sure of that. I do need everyones address so I can send the stickers. You can PM me your addresses or post here, it doesn't matter. Sometimes the stickers get lost in the mail. Last year when I got the stickers, the envelope was partially open and several were missing. I stayed on top of it and sent every team member a sticker. I probably won't get the stickers for a while, but I will need addresses soon. I went out this morning and all was quiet except for you know who, super jake, but even he was much less vocal than usual. I think this crazy weather has them all messed up. I'm ready to chase some Rios and give my Easterns a little break.
Old 03-30-2011, 09:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Guys, I'll be off to Texas tomorrow to do some scouting at the Grasslands in Decatur. I'll be scouting Thur. and Fri. I will be in Lipan for opening weekend. Looks like I'm finally going to get good weather. I'm hearing some good reports. Hearing they are just starting to strut. Hopefully I can put a couple of Rios on the board for us. I won't be back until Monday, so if anyone gets a bird this weekend, I'll post it when I get back. I know most of you aren't hunting yet, but for those who are, good luck.
Old 03-30-2011, 12:09 PM
Fork Horn

good luck to ya and be safe!!! i have 18 more days ughh. i saw some in a diff field today strutting. there are a lot of birds around this year it seems like.
Old 03-30-2011, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

good luck super! cant wait to see some of the birds you kill down in texas!
Old 04-02-2011, 06:56 PM
Fork Horn

16 more days, i am PUMPED!
Old 04-03-2011, 05:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

7 more days.
Old 04-03-2011, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

27 more days, ahhh man thats way too far away
Old 04-03-2011, 07:53 PM
Spike

Hey guys sorry I haven't been on in a while had a death in the family. So I have had to deal with all that. But I have been a few times and have come very close twice. Had bird gobbling like crazy during thunderstorm and was heading my way in the cutover but a strike of lightning ran him back the other way. Got back on him but by then he had crossed the property line. Got back on him a couple days later but he was on the other side from were we had setup. After about a 400 yard trot got him within 40 or so yards but he would never pop his head over the ridge. Went back a couple days later heard the other one that was across the property line but never heard the one I had been hunting. Strayed looking around and seen some new tire tracks that were not mine. Were do I go from here?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.