Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010-2011 Turkey Contests
Team 12 - SPURminators 2011 CHAMPS >

Team 12 - SPURminators 2011 CHAMPS

Community

Team 12 - SPURminators 2011 CHAMPS

Old 03-26-2011, 06:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Went this morning and heard two birds gobbling, one real close and the other a little ways off. Started out working bird #1. He went silent after flydown and never gave me a look. Got up to go set up on bird #2. On my way to try for him, bird #1 decides he wants to start gobbling. I set up on him. Started working him and he gobbled good. I could tell he was on his way. I got my gun up and saw his red head pop up over the hill. I was just getting ready to push the safety off when he came into full view. He was a jake. This jake has been gobbling hard for weeks. I never would have imagined this bird was a jake. Oh well, I let him walk and bird #2 starts gobbling again. I went after him, but never could catch up with him before he left my property with his hens. I know where he roosted and will be there in the morning to surprise him, hopefully.
Old 03-26-2011, 07:10 PM
Spike

Welcome tedrow. Went out this evening but had no luck. Heading out again in morning.
Old 03-27-2011, 01:28 AM
Typical Buck

finally the high water has went down and we can get into some of our other properties. Yesterday after the rain I drove to one of the properties I hunt and there was hens and 4 toms out in the sun. My son kicks youth season off next weekend with our reg. season opening on the 16th here in the bluegrass. Good Hunting.
Old 03-27-2011, 05:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry i haven't been on recently. Just been busy with things.

Season starts in just a couple weeks! Im so pumped. I need to start getting my supplies together and start shooting a little bit.
Old 03-27-2011, 07:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

good luck super and quacks, hope you guys had some luck this morning

And Andrew I was wondering where you had been. Im definitely with you on being pumped for the season, but i still got a month and man is time moving slow. Waitin to see some trail cam pics from you
Old 03-28-2011, 04:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Hunt4Life23
good luck super and quacks, hope you guys had some luck this morning

And Andrew I was wondering where you had been. Im definitely with you on being pumped for the season, but i still got a month and man is time moving slow. Waitin to see some trail cam pics from you
Haha they will come.

Im still needing to ask permission for a peice of ground first. We have been hunting there the past three years and every year there is more and more turkey sign.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:10 PM
Fork Horn

i went by one of my honey holes today ive killed 4 birds there in the last 5 years. smallest was 21.5lbs. there were toms out in field strutting at 10;30. now that got me pumped up
Old 03-28-2011, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good deal Tedrow. Hopefully you will bring a couple home. Went yesterday to set up on bird #2. He roosted in a different area and before I could get close enough to work him, he was gone. Bird #1, the super jake, was gobbling hard, so I decided to mess with him. I called him in and one of his buddies. I had my gun up just in case it was a longbeard with him. It was another jake. I went this morning and the cool windy weather had them quiet. Of course the super jake gobbled. Never heard a peep from bird #2. Going again in the morning. I'll be off to Texas in a few days to chase Rios. Good luck everyone.
Old 03-28-2011, 06:17 PM
Fork Horn

good luck superstrutter whack a rio. those are some beautiful birds. one of these days when the kids are out of college(youngest is 5) maybe i can go for another sub. all this talk of you guys hunting and whckin birds has me about turned inside out LOL. good luck again
Old 03-28-2011, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm tryin not to get too psyched for the season but its about time to start looking into getting licenses and tags and touch base with a few landowners. Still about a month to go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.