Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010-2011 Turkey Contests
Team 12 - SPURminators 2011 CHAMPS >

Team 12 - SPURminators 2011 CHAMPS

Community

Team 12 - SPURminators 2011 CHAMPS

Old 03-03-2011, 02:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

i got a lot of new stuff to throw at these turkeys this year. just got a new hoyt alphamax 32 for christmas, got one deer with it in late season and now will hopefully break it in on a big longbeard. I also just got a new gander mountain vital blind to help out gettin one with the bow.

tried the last 2 years with the bow and had lots of chances but always tried without a blind and had a tough time drawing. i hope that will be a deadly combo for me with the blind and faster bow. not sure what broadheads i will be using yet but use mouth calls mainly but also a primos ring zone slate call
Old 03-03-2011, 04:10 PM
Fork Horn

Hey just checking in not on here a whole lot because building a house but will not bale on you. My setup is a mathews reezen 7.0 with rage 2 blades and gold tip shafts. Be hunting out of a double bull blind with b-mobile and the widow maker hen. Look forward to seeing all the pics. Our season begins the 18th of april. Good luck team!!
Old 03-03-2011, 05:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll probably be using my Mossberg 835, at least to start off. If I score early, I may switch to my Strother Infinity w/Rage 2 blades.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will primarily be using my Rem. 870 SPS-T thumbhole 12 ga. with a Jellyhead choke shooting Rem. Wingmaster HD's in 3 1/2 inch 6 shot. That is a deadly combination. I'll do a little bow hunting with my PSE and carbon expresses tipped with Spitfire 100's. I'm going out this weekend to listen. Only 2 weeks away for me.
Old 03-05-2011, 02:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have sent messages to the three no shows. Hopefully they will show up soon so we can have a 100% check in. Didn't get to go out this morning to listen. It's been raining all day. I'm planning to try again in the morning. I'm ready to hear some gobbles to fire me up.
Old 03-05-2011, 08:18 PM
Spike

Heading out in the morning to listen. Have about 2200 acres to cover. Could be a little muddy with all this rain.
Old 03-06-2011, 02:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Went this morning to listen, but all was quiet. I believe the cold front that came through yesterday gave them lockjaw. It was in the mid 30's this morning, and of course windy. The first few weeks in March always seems to be the worst weather. I guess it's that transitional period between Winter and Spring. I did see some fresh sign this morning though, so all was not lost. Guys, we need to pick a captain. I have been captain before, so I will volunteer my services. If you all want to vote, that's perfectly fine. If anyone else wants to be captain, let us know now. Season will open very soon. Mine in two weeks, and some in only one, so we need to get that out of the way. Also, we need some suggestions for names. I'll try to think of a few. Everyone try to keep in touch every so often. It doesn't matter if you are hunting yet or not.
Old 03-06-2011, 03:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm fine with you being captain.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:09 PM
Typical Buck

Checking in, will be hunting in Kentucky and maybe some in Indiana. Hopeing to put my son on his first tom with a bow. Season opens April 16th in KY, lets have some fun, Good Hunting.
Old 03-06-2011, 10:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

superstrutter, im fine with you being captain. as far as team names go, im trying to think of some but if anyone else thinks of something they think is good post it and we can decide between some of the ideas. good luck everyone, wish my season was starting in the next few weeks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.