Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010-2011 Turkey Contests
Team 10 - Those Flockin Gobblers >

Team 10 - Those Flockin Gobblers

Team 10 - Those Flockin Gobblers

Old 04-06-2011, 04:42 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by kdsberman
Good job Jaybird!

Man I wish i had the weather it looks like you're having!
I flew in Wednesday night, and we were planning an all day scout on Thursday, but about 8am they got hit with a major storm driving us out of the land. It absolutely poured all day. Good thing was my 3 day hunt Friday-Sunday was beautiful weather.
Old 04-06-2011, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator

Great birds. Good luck to the rest of your hunts.
Old 04-06-2011, 06:19 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the nice comments. I had the fortunate opportunity to be invited to hunt with one of the top Turkey hunters in Florida, who put me up, and scouted his butt off before I got there to set me up on birds. He's also a top caller, and should be in contests. All it cost me was plane fare and a hunting license. Next hunt in Kansas I'm actually hunting with a NWTF competitive caller who won his state open calling contest, and finished 8th on the hooter in nationals. I don't think I'm calling this hunt either. However, I'm guiding on this one, so if we don't get into birds, it's my responsibility.
Old 04-06-2011, 07:12 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Ok, Who's next!!!????? Kellyguinn, Will you be gettin after em soon? I see your season opened today. You, Mottz, and Mudchicken are up to bat! Go get em guys! Best of luck to all of ya!!
Old 04-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by j76
I sent the stickers out in the mail today. I know for some reason they get lost alot in the mail so if you don't get one in the next four or five days let me know cause i have extras and i'll send ya out a new one.
Got my sticker, and thanks for the nice comments with it. I appreciate the job you are doing as Captain on this team. Keep up the good work.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator

I'm gonna give it a shot at some public land about 45min from the house tomorow. Never hunted turkey there but a buddy has seen em there. My best shot will be next weekend, I have a few areas marked out again on public but I have seen tons of out there. As long as they havn't been pushed to hard and luck is on my side it ought to be all good. It will be a lot of fun either way though..
Old 04-07-2011, 04:34 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Iowa Jaybird
Got my sticker, and thanks for the nice comments with it. I appreciate the job you are doing as Captain on this team. Keep up the good work.

Thanks Jay. Well did a lot of driving today, checked a lot of areas where i always see birds and sign. I found absolutely nothing!!! Was thinking just the late start to spring was keeping them hidden, but now really starting to think that they just aren't there. Every one i talk to in the area is seeing hardly anything. It's been getting harder every year and this is looking to be the worste yet. I have my one spot where i put my trail cam, which i'll be checking tomorrow and a spot about an hour and a half away that i haven't checked yet. Those 2 spots are lookin to be my only hope right now. But eaven with the grim outlook I can't wait for the season! Only 11 more days!!!!! Gotta feeling the wife will really be ticked at me by the end of this one! I will spend every second I possibley can chasin em down!!
Old 04-07-2011, 04:37 PM
j76
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by kellyguinn
I'm gonna give it a shot at some public land about 45min from the house tomorow. Never hunted turkey there but a buddy has seen em there. My best shot will be next weekend, I have a few areas marked out again on public but I have seen tons of out there. As long as they havn't been pushed to hard and luck is on my side it ought to be all good. It will be a lot of fun either way though..

Sounds good man!!! Give em hell and good luck!!
Old 04-08-2011, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator

No luck this morning. I did have a hen fly in to the decoys first thing. After that the only thing I called in was other hunters.
I did kick another hen up on the way out but that was it. 90 degrees is a bit too hot for me but i guess it could be worse.
Old 04-08-2011, 03:50 PM
Fork Horn

well its been a few rough days with only hens comming in they brought a jake but he never got in range. if i dont post for a week or so its cause a death in family and i had to travel to illionis for the funeral. if can find the funds to get there .good luck team and hope my next post is big bird down

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.