Team 8 Longbeard Mafia

Old 04-10-2011, 09:19 PM
Fork Horn

Nauticstar got your birds entered except the double beard, not sure how to score it so I pmed TG and when she gets back with me I will update the score.

Also all team members get me your addresses if you haven't yet so I can get the stickers out.

I will mail them this week sometime
Old 04-11-2011, 03:16 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by steve25
Nauticstar got your birds entered except the double beard, not sure how to score it so I pmed TG and when she gets back with me I will update the score.

Also all team members get me your addresses if you haven't yet so I can get the stickers out.

I will mail them this week sometime
Thanks Steve. Been a dream season so far! I left OK/TX Friday afternoon April 8th and won't hunt again until April 18th in Missouri. I wanted so bad to try and get a couple more here in Alabama, but kinda scared to ask my wife. Ha! Ha! Good luck to all.
Old 04-11-2011, 08:09 AM
Typical Buck

Nauticstar - WOW! WOW! WOW!!! Congrats man!!! That double beard is unbelievable - all your turks have been great!!! I think you're winning the "TURKEY THUG" Award... LOL!!!

P.S. The pics are AWESOME too!!!!!

Kim
Old 04-11-2011, 09:18 AM
Fork Horn

Nauticstar

Got your scores I think I have them in order of you posting measurement

2 Oklahoma Rios

Bird 1

Rio Double Beard

Your score is 18.5 + 10 + 10 + 32 = 70.5

Bird 2

Rio

Your score is 16.25 + 10 + 10 + 17 = 53.25

2 Texas Rios

Bird 1

Rio

Your score is 20.5 + 8.75 + 8.75 + 18 = 56

Bird 2

Rio

Your score is 18.75 + 11.25 + 11.25 + 18.5 = 59.75

Last edited by steve25; 04-11-2011 at 10:53 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 09:27 AM
Fork Horn

Nauticstar, What an awesome year for you so far!!! I wish I had the opportunity to hunt several states, maybe some day! This year I MIGHT hunt Arkansas too but that is up in the air right now.

Also great stories and pics!!!!

I have just 2 tags (unless I go to Arkasas this year) so I hope I get at least one nice one but if not that is OK too.

It has been 2 years since I harvested a turkey so if it has a beard it is going down at least for the first one then I can be more selective on the last one.

As I said before the harvest numbers have been dropping fast in the county I usually hunt so this year may spend a day or two at that area to see what it has to offer, if it is slow there then I will going into a new area blind. But something got to give.
Old 04-11-2011, 10:28 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by steve25
Nauticstar, What an awesome year for you so far!!! I wish I had the opportunity to hunt several states, maybe some day! This year I MIGHT hunt Arkansas too but that is up in the air right now.

Also great stories and pics!!!!

I have just 2 tags (unless I go to Arkasas this year) so I hope I get at least one nice one but if not that is OK too.

It has been 2 years since I harvested a turkey so if it has a beard it is going down at least for the first one then I can be more selective on the last one.

As I said before the harvest numbers have been dropping fast in the county I usually hunt so this year may spend a day or two at that area to see what it has to offer, if it is slow there then I will going into a new area blind. But something got to give.
Thanks Steve. Like I said before I have been very blessed to be able to travel a good bit. It doesn't always turn out like it has this year, but we usually have good trips. I have three young boys 3, 5, and 7. In a year or two they will all three be in three different baseball leagues. That means three practice and game schedules. My turkey hunting schedule will be severely crippled. Just having a little fun while I can. Good luck Steve. I hope to see some great pictures of some fine turkeys! Best......
Old 04-12-2011, 05:53 AM
Spike

had a good hunt yesterday. my buddy and I have been knee deep in birds since bout a week b4 season came in. they have been responding to our calls and in the areas that we have been hunting. yesterday evening we stalked up a pasture/laurel thicket I was calling with the mouth call got one to answer as soon as we hit the woods. there was a group of birds but i only saw the lone gobbler working the edge of the field.
we jumped to getting set-up my buddy was gun hunting and i with the bow. so i knew my shot window was limited. green light for him as i'm mouthing ranges. he's done had a bachelor group run out 15 yrds below him he fires looks like a decent shot. they scatter we got a good idea as to where they are going so we back out to the 4 wheeler, ride to the other side of the mtn.
we jumped in the blind after setting up a group decoys we made the hen laying with a jake on her back and a hen to the side i hit the mouth call got an immediate gobble within 30 yrds we called a little bit more the gobbler was coming face first towards the decoys. I knew that wasnt going to be the way it went down i seen the bird cut up the ridge he was drumming hard cause i was hitting him with gobbles and fighting purrs.
the purrs did him in he come off the hill with bad intentions he got between 3 small saplings which killed my opportunity so i told my buddy "give it to him" and the gobbler dropped his head and that was it my buddy ate him up with that 20 guage. he was beautiful. Big blue head, gorgeous fan, nice beard. spurs was average he was about a 2year old bird 25 lbs. very nice day of hunting. weather is the only reason why i'm talking to you. post pics here in a minute.

Last edited by silent arrow; 04-12-2011 at 06:39 AM.
Old 04-12-2011, 09:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nauticstar, you are on fire. A one man team. Congrats on all your birds.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:09 AM
Spike

Smile

Originally Posted by Turkey Goddess
Nauticstar - WOW! WOW! WOW!!! Congrats man!!! That double beard is unbelievable - all your turks have been great!!! I think you're winning the "TURKEY THUG" Award... LOL!!!

P.S. The pics are AWESOME too!!!!!

Kim
Thanks Kim. It has been a dream season so far. As hard as it is to believe, I usually hunt several other states each year as well, but with my three young sons, it has become quite difficult to manage the hunting and their schedules. I have had to cut back some. Ha! Ha! I saw the double beard on that turkey before I shot him. He turned sideways and was about to kick my decoy's butt and I decided I better shoot him fast before I lost the chance. I have hunted the better part of my life for turkeys and have never shot one with two thick beards like that. Most of them have had those small, thin beards. I was really excited. Turkey Thug???? Hmmm.....I might could get used to that! Ha! Ha! Good luck this season. Headed to Missouri Sunday. Weather looks marginal, but it will be fun!
Old 04-12-2011, 10:12 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Talondale
Nauticstar, you are on fire. A one man team. Congrats on all your birds.
Thanks Talondale. It has been one heck of a season. Trust me, it's not always like this. Hope to finish up strong in Missouri and Montana. Missouri is my favorite place by far to hunt. I love the woods, hills and fields. The turkeys are really big and loud. Good luck to you this season.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.