Community

Team 8 Longbeard Mafia

Old 04-03-2011, 04:58 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by steve25
Congrads ksfowler!!!!

Looking forward to the story and the pics!!!
Plus 1 ksfowler! Congrats. I just got home and doing laundry now. I'm leaving for Oklahoma Tuesday at lunch. Exhausted after driving back from Florida. Didn't take another bird on the trip but very happy with the one I took the first morning. Good luck guys and keep the pics and stories coming in. I will get my pics and story up soon. My wife isn't very happy with me right now as you can imagine. I will get all this done when everyone is asleep. LOL!
Old 04-03-2011, 05:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well here is the picture from yesterday. It is not the best but you can only do so much by yourself.

A good friend and I went out this morning to the same spot. He has never shot a turkey with a bow either. So I let him have the first shot. Before we went I told him that he was in for a pretty good show and they did not disappoint us. I brought the pretty boy and pretty girl and two other hen decoys. The first birds to come in were two jakes that thought they ran the place. They strutted around the decoys for 5 min. I was able to get some good pictures of them since neither one of use wanted to shoot a jake. Then two nice toms came in and ran the jakes off then came in to deal with the pretty boy. My buddy drew back but the toms wouldnt stop moving, they were bumping the decoy and pecking at it. He finally got a shot off but he was off his mark and ended up hitting its fan! A short time latter a whole herd of turkeys came in, there was two nice toms in there as well. Every one of them ran into the decoys including the hens, once they got there the toms wasted no time getting to the pretty boy. they were bumping him and purring and pecking him like the previous ones. This time my buddy drew back and made a perfect shot one one of the toms. As soon as he shot i drew back and put the pin on the other tom. But i got caught up in the moment and rushed the shot and ended up shooting a nice piece of wood. Oh well it was one of the better hunts I have been on in a while. I will remember that hunt for a long time!

Here are some pictures of the jakes...

Old 04-03-2011, 08:39 PM
Fork Horn

Nice Bird!!!!

I need pics of the measured beard, spurs and weight if you have them.
Old 04-03-2011, 08:45 PM
Fork Horn

Just a reminder for everyone if you harvest a turkey please take the time to take pics showing the beard length, spur lengths and weight and post them along with a story about the in our team thread then I will post them in the scoring thread.

If on the recently harvested you don't have the pics contact me through PM and I will get with TG to see how we need to handle it.

Thanks everyone!!!!

Last edited by steve25; 04-04-2011 at 07:44 AM.
Old 04-04-2011, 05:57 AM
Spike

Awesome pictures and story! Congrats on a fine bird!
Old 04-04-2011, 09:27 AM
Fork Horn

ksfowler

Got your score and entered it in the scoring thread!

Your score is 20 + 8.75 + 8.75 + 18.5 = 56

Sounds like you had an awesome hunt!!! Great Job!!!!

Last edited by steve25; 04-04-2011 at 09:32 AM.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:29 AM
Fork Horn

JGreen76

Got your bird scored and put in the scoring thread!

Your score is 23.75 + 12.5 + 11.25 + 20.75 = 68.25

Great job!!!!

Last edited by steve25; 04-04-2011 at 09:33 AM.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:18 PM
Spike

O.K. guys. Exhausted as I type this, but it's part of the responsibility when you get involved in these contests. I just got home from Florida yesterday and leave for Oklahoma tomorrow. So this is my Osceola hunt. Guide drops me off at this 4-way intersection and says the road to the west leads to a food plot that is about 200 yards away. Birds generally roost over a cypress pond behind it and will eventually make their way down this road. It's one way in and one way out so he felt I should sit here and I could put the odds in my favor. They drop people off way too early at this place and it was pitch black dark so I sat against a tree and waited for daylight. About 20 minutes after he left a group of wild hogs squealed really loud behind me which shocked two turkeys into gobbling less than 30 yards behind me. It was pitch black so I decided to grab my stuff and tip toe down the road towards the food plot. I tried to find a place to sit down on the road but it was too thick so I eventually made it to the food plot and turned left and sat down against a tree below a burm where I could see the entrance of the food plot about 25 yards away. At daylight they lit it up gobbling every 30 seconds or so. I called really soft and they cut me every time I touched a call so I put them down and got my gun ready. They flew down into the road and gobbled all the way down the road. The first one came into the field was probably a 2 yr. old and had about a 7-8 inch beard and looked really slim. I waited and could hear the other one drumming and he eventually followed the other one into the field and I let him have it. My hunt lasted less than 30 minutes and I had the second leg of my grand slam. He weighed 18 1/2 lbs. which is really good for an Osceola and had an 11 1/8" beard and 1 1/8" spurs. Great bird for Fl. I spent the rest of my hunt guiding a friend who has never killed a turkey......still. LOL! But we also fished, shot clays, etc...
Old 04-04-2011, 01:22 PM
Spike

My solo pic moment with my Osceola.

My host and friend Steve with his bird he bagged about 1 hour after me.

Few pics of the lodge and facilities. Definitely first class.

Old 04-04-2011, 01:45 PM
Fork Horn

Nauticstar does it againwith bird number 4! Now I am really jealous!!!

Very nice turkey!!!!

Got in the scoring thread and here is your score:

18.5 + 11.25 + 11.25 + 22.25 = 63.25

Man you are going to be a tough act to follow!!!!

Last edited by steve25; 04-04-2011 at 02:00 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.