Community

Team 8 Longbeard Mafia

Old 03-31-2011, 05:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats with the birds Nauticstar, that second one has huge spurs. I bet your kids had a blast on that hunt!

I am going out this weekend as well for the opener here in Kansas. I only have a few days to get it done. Two mornings ago there was about 100 turkeys in the spot that I hunt. I couldnt tell what they all were but there were a couple nice toms that i could see. Hopefully my Maxxis can draw its first blood.
Old 03-31-2011, 12:34 PM
Fork Horn

Congrads Nauticstar!!!!! Man you are really putting the pressure on!!!

Your score for your 2nd bird is... 18.5 + 5 + 5 + 21 = 49.5

Your score for your 3rd bird is.....Your score is 20 + 13.75 + 13.75 + 22.5 = 70

Last edited by steve25; 04-04-2011 at 07:58 AM.
Old 03-31-2011, 06:32 PM
Fork Horn

Today I finally received my kids permits for a youth only quota hunt in Arkansas. It is April 9th and 10th. Should be a good time if the weather does it's part.

I just love taking a youngster hunting whether it's my own kids or someone else's child. Nothing like see them have an good time on a hunt tag filled or not.

This will be my 11 year old daughters first turkey hunt, she seems to be looking forward to it except for getting up early.

Hoping to go over there next Friday evening to see if we can put one to bed like we have done the past 2 years with both birds getting harvested the next morning. I love it when a plan works!
Old 04-01-2011, 09:17 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by steve25
Today I finally received my kids permits for a youth only quota hunt in Arkansas. It is April 9th and 10th. Should be a good time if the weather does it's part.

I just love taking a youngster hunting whether it's my own kids or someone else's child. Nothing like see them have an good time on a hunt tag filled or not.

This will be my 11 year old daughters first turkey hunt, she seems to be looking forward to it except for getting up early.

Hoping to go over there next Friday evening to see if we can put one to bed like we have done the past 2 years with both birds getting harvested the next morning. I love it when a plan works!
Good luck to you guys. I'm in Trenton, Fl and killed my Osceola the first 15 minutes of my hunt. Crazy! My host also got his just after me. Mine was 18 1/2 lbs., 11 1/8" beard, and 1 1/8" spurs. Not a monster, but really nice bird. I will post the pics when I get back from here on Sunday.
Old 04-01-2011, 09:30 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks!! Nauticstar

Damn man you must be in the zone or something!!!

You have 3 birds already and I am still have until the 18th before I can hunt!

But in just over a week i will be out there with my kids which is by far my most favorite time to be in the woods!!!

Grads on the bird!!! Keep 'em coming!!!

I ran the score on bird #4 with the numbers you gave and got 63.25 which is good for the highest score so far according to the list!!!!

I will wait on the pics to post it in the contest thread.

Last edited by steve25; 04-04-2011 at 01:59 PM.
Old 04-01-2011, 11:21 AM
Spike

sorry boys been down w/ a held cold for a couple days but i'm back in shape now nauticstar damn fine bird! helluva job! youth day starts saturday in n.c. unfortunately my schedule isnt going to allow me to get my son in the woods that day but opening day he'll be ready to go.
Old 04-02-2011, 06:45 AM
Spike

Congrats Nauticstar on yours birds.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

I was able to seal the deal on a nice tom this morning. I started off having two toms in front of me probably 150 yds. They were both gobbling like crazy but there were no hens with them so I called once and shut up. Well 5 min. later I look up and there they are about 55 yds away strutting. I called to them again they gobbled and strutted some more. they eventually left. A little bit later three toms a couple jakes and some hens come in. I could not get turned on them soon enough to have and easy 10 yd shot. I let them walk past me and they stopped and the toms strutted a bit. I drew back and put my second pin on the biggest tom and let the arrow fly. But I watched it go right under him. I am not sure what happened but i got over it. 30 min later some more come, again there is 3 toms some jakes and hens. But I was ready this time and when the toms walked by I nailed one of them. He took off running but only made it 10 ft and piled up. I was pretty excited since that was my first one with a bow. He had a 9.25" beard .875" spurs and about 20 lbs. nothing huge but I will take it! Pictures to come
Old 04-02-2011, 04:52 PM
Fork Horn

Congrads ksfowler!!!!

Looking forward to the story and the pics!!!
Old 04-02-2011, 05:33 PM
Typical Buck

Awesome Nauticstar - you're slaying them!!!

ksfowler - great story and that's a heck of a come back! Congrats on your first turkey with a bow!!!!

Kim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.