Community

Team 8 Longbeard Mafia

Old 03-18-2011, 12:33 PM
Fork Horn

I calculated the score for Nauticstar bird with the NWTF Calculator and got:

Your score is 16.5 + 7.5 + 7.5 + 21 = 52.5

Wouldn't hurt for someone to double check on this.

Last edited by steve25; 03-18-2011 at 05:43 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:50 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by steve25
Didn't see your post, sorry I was just to busy slobbering all over my screen looking at the pics and knowing I have a while before I can hit the woods!!!

Like some of my hunts for both deer and turkey, what can go wrong will.

But the bottom line is you closed the deal on a nice bird and that is all that matters!!!

Congrads!!!!!
Thanks, I really appreciate it. Truth is I should have killed on the next two days as well. Got really close, but had to come home yesterday. Didn't hunt today, but going back Sat-Sun and Wed-Fri. Hopefully I can scratch another one or two out! Good luck. I guess we should have let everyone know that it was an Eastern. I forgot to say that.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:17 PM
Fork Horn

I changed your score, I had it wrong. I guess I pushed the wrong number on something.

It is 52.5

I updated it here, team captian thread and also the Scoring thread.

I hope you have a good time on your hunts coming up!!!!

Last edited by steve25; 03-18-2011 at 05:43 PM.
Old 03-18-2011, 05:24 PM
Spike

boys i got so worked up over hearing that we got one down. i hopped out the bed on st.paddys day morning and went and killed me a doe ( yes.it was legal urban archery til march 23) them longbeards are in trouble my mind is set and my aim is true! damn good job nauticstar beautiful bird.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:15 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by silent arrow
boys i got so worked up over hearing that we got one down. i hopped out the bed on st.paddys day morning and went and killed me a doe ( yes.it was legal urban archery til march 23) them longbeards are in trouble my mind is set and my aim is true! damn good job nauticstar beautiful bird.
Wow! Deer hunting in March? Really? Glad I was able to motivate you! I'm officially mad at them now. Heard crickets this morning but will be back at it tomorrow.
Old 03-19-2011, 05:51 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Nauticstar
Wow! Deer hunting in March? Really? Glad I was able to motivate you! I'm officially mad at them now. Heard crickets this morning but will be back at it tomorrow.
actually i told you a lie i get to kill one more between now and march 26th. i was cheating myself outta 3 days!
this part of va is swamped with deer and where its no baiting or sunday hunting they make up for it by extending urban archery which is fine by me b/c after i fill my buck tags in the regular season. i can take a break and come back fresh and be sharp for n.c./ va turkey spring season. i'm chomping at the bit waiting on turkey season
Old 03-20-2011, 05:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the bird Nauticstar thats a fine bird!

I went out scouting yesterday and i found them i guess...

I can hunt the the field where I am taking pictures from. All those birds would have been in that field but a thunderstorm was about to roll in so they started to head back to the trees. I counted 44 strutting toms out there the majority appear to be 2 year olds there was only a handful of jakes out there strutting. There are a couple monsters out there roaming around. I also have another field that has a bunch walk through every day to go feed there are a couple giants in there. Archery season is less than 2 weeks away i cant wait.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:31 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by ksfowler
Congrats on the bird Nauticstar thats a fine bird!

I went out scouting yesterday and i found them i guess...

I can hunt the the field where I am taking pictures from. All those birds would have been in that field but a thunderstorm was about to roll in so they started to head back to the trees. I counted 44 strutting toms out there the majority appear to be 2 year olds there was only a handful of jakes out there strutting. There are a couple monsters out there roaming around. I also have another field that has a bunch walk through every day to go feed there are a couple giants in there. Archery season is less than 2 weeks away i cant wait.
Those are some awesome pictures! I can't wait to go to out to Texas and Oklahoma! I get to see bunches of birds like that out there. Cool for this Alabama boy! Good luck!
Old 03-23-2011, 04:51 PM
Typical Buck

Hey guys!!!

Welcome steve2064 to your team!

ksfowler - those are some SWEET PICS!!! WOW ... I need a napkin for the DROOL! LMAO

Kim
Old 03-23-2011, 05:07 PM
Fork Horn

Hey team I see we are on the board. Thats great. I will be hunting Iowa, Neb., and Missouri again this spring. I start in Iowa on the 11th of april. Cant wait. Last year I shot 7 longbeards in only 4 days of hunting( thru out the season of course). I put 7 scores on the board for the team last year out of the 9 we had registered. With this being my 32nd year hunting longbeards it just keeps getting better and better each year. I just love it!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.