Community

Team 8 Longbeard Mafia

Old 05-08-2011, 05:48 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by steve25
Well folks my season is over.

And I didn't score any birds. But that is how it goes.

If it wasn't the heavy rain and/or high winds it was the flooding making it near impossible to go hunting.

On the few day I did hunt I had a good time other than 2 when I didn't here no one gobble or see any birds.

The turkeys in the areas I hunt need a brake from this terrible nesting weather. The population is just getting lower and lower.

I went to MDC website and compare the number for the last 8 years I think and there was one common theme every year less bird being harvested and the jake percentage went from around 35% to 10-15% in counties I hunt. That tells me the hatch has been just awful!

But I am not giving up!!! I will be out there next year and hope the weather doesn't give us what we got this.

I would like to thank Nauticstar for stepping up and taking the team caption spot when I was/am unable to be on here very much due helping family and friends escape the flood waters. Which are now going down thank goodness. But now the clean up begins!!!

For those still hunting get after them!!! We need to try and take this thing!!!!

If your season is still in reply as to when your season closes so we can root you on!!!
No need to worry my friend. I have but one day left this coming Saturday and I've yet to stike gold either. We've had some close calls,been busted with toms coming in silent behind us and had a hen come in this past Sat. and lay down with the decoys. I may take off a day early this week and give it a try before Saturday and see what happens. It aint over till the fat gobbler gobbles no more.
Old 05-09-2011, 03:19 AM
Spike

That is a great attitude to have Steve. Family and friends always come first. You can hunt turkeys the rest of your life. You are a good man! Keep your head up and we will all get after them next season. Maybe the waters will recede enough for the hens to have a successful nest. Take care. Best....
Old 05-14-2011, 04:55 PM
Spike

Well, I hate to come here and say it team 8,but alas I've been skunked again and thats two seasons running. I'm not happy about it at all,but it's been tough hunting here for everybody from what Ive heard. We had a really hard winter year before last which I feel took a large toll on the birds not to mention there's so much food in the woods still from a bumber crop the birds are spread out. Winter before last we had at least 12 inches of hard frozen snow on the ground where I hunt for about 6 weeks straight and I think we lost alot of birds. Better luck next year I guess.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:49 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by Whitetailmadness
Well, I hate to come here and say it team 8,but alas I've been skunked again and thats two seasons running. I'm not happy about it at all,but it's been tough hunting here for everybody from what Ive heard. We had a really hard winter year before last which I feel took a large toll on the birds not to mention there's so much food in the woods still from a bumber crop the birds are spread out. Winter before last we had at least 12 inches of hard frozen snow on the ground where I hunt for about 6 weeks straight and I think we lost alot of birds. Better luck next year I guess.
I have heard about the beating those birds have taken over the last few years. Tough to hear that kind of news. Hang in there WTM, hopefully things will improve in the near future. Glad you were able to hunt them.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:14 AM
Spike

Is everyone about done? Hadn't been much activity on our thread lately. Just checking in.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:48 PM
Fork Horn

Sorry team I have not been on in a long time but I do have 2 birds to register and post pics. Both birds taken in Iowa with my TK 2000. I am headed to neb for the last 5 days of the season there so I will have birds to register next week. I have 3 tags for there so we will see how things go. With being sick and work I have not been able to get on a pc till now so I will try to get pics and scores up.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:50 PM
Fork Horn

Bird #1 Eastern - Iowa
24 1/2 lbs
10 1/2" beard
7/8" r spur
7/8" L spur
Taken with my tk2000 muzzleloader

NWTF SCORE 63

Bird # 2 Eastern - Iowa
25 1/2 lbs
11" beard
1 5/16" R spur
1 5/16 L spur
Taken with my tk2000 muzzleloader
NWTF SCORE 73.75

Having trouble getting the pics uploaded but will keep trying.

Last edited by JW; 06-20-2011 at 02:36 PM.
Old 05-25-2011, 10:10 AM
Fork Horn

Captian, I have tried 2 different pc's and am still having trouble getting the pics up. Can you pm me your email address and I will send the pics to you so we can get them posted? Thanks
Old 05-26-2011, 08:22 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by camokenny
Captian, I have tried 2 different pc's and am still having trouble getting the pics up. Can you pm me your email address and I will send the pics to you so we can get them posted? Thanks
Awesome CK! Congrats man! My email address is [email protected].
Old 05-30-2011, 09:55 AM
Fork Horn

Well team 3 more to add to the list.
Merriams out of neb.
Bird #1
22lbs
9" beard
1" r spur
3/4" L spur

NWTF 57.5

Merriams
Bird #2
19lbs
8 1/2" beard
3/4" r spur
1" L spur

NWTF 53.5

I will email the pics to u captian as this pc will not upload for some reason.
Merriams
Bird #3
19.5lbs
9 1/2" beard
1" R spur
1" L spur

NWTF 58.5

Last edited by JW; 06-20-2011 at 02:45 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.