Team 8 Longbeard Mafia

Old 04-12-2011, 02:46 PM
Fork Horn

ATTEN: TEAM 8

If you haven't PMed me your mailing address for the stickers please do so in the next 2 days. I will be mailing them Thurs. or Fri.

Thanks
Old 04-13-2011, 03:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I got my second and last turkey this morning. He is another two year old bird. I will get the pictures up when I get a chance this evening.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:01 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats!!!

Can't wait for the pics and story if you feel like telling it.
Old 04-13-2011, 05:52 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by ksfowler
Well I got my second and last turkey this morning. He is another two year old bird. I will get the pictures up when I get a chance this evening.
Awesome Ks. Can't wait to hear all about it. Looking forward to the pics as well. I'm dormant right now. Leave for MO Sunday. Having serious withdrawals. This thing they call work is highly overrated. LOL!
Old 04-13-2011, 06:09 PM
Spike

Update: Well opening day was a wash out,well a fog out actually. From daybreak till the noon cut off time the visibility was at best 50 yds and we saw one hen and never heard the first gobbler. On Monday the birds gobbled till they came off of the roost and went silent the we got burned later that morning when 2 nice gobblers came in silent behind us. So goes the normal for me.
Old 04-13-2011, 07:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here is the pictures and the story. So I wake up this morning and get my things together and head out the door. As soon as i step out the door I am greeted with a gobble from one of three toms roosted south of my house, I knew it was going to be a great day. I get to my spot get set up and the roost is silent, which i find kind of weird considering the # of birds. Well they fly down and finally start to gobble and the hens start to yelp. At about 7 I get a call from my good friend saying he just shot a tom with 1.5" spurs I was like that is awesome man, those were the biggest spurs he has ever taken! So he asked how my hunt was going and at that point I had only seen two hens. But I knew that they were getting close. So I finish talking to him and congratulating him, and I hang up and look over and here come the toms. at first there was one then two more joined them as well as three hens and three jakes. They slowly make there way over to me. Right as the first tom crosses the fence on to my property he goes on alert. I look up and here come a coyote running across the pasture, great this hunt is done. But he pays no attention to them and keeps on going. The other toms cross and then the jakes cross, the toms started to chase the jakes. They started heading north way from me and the biggest tom finally clears the hens and gives me a perfect 30yd shot. I sent some Hevi 13 #6 his way and he dropped like a rock. It was a fast hunt, and the best part is I never even called once!

Here is the pictures. He weighed 19 lbs, 9.25" beard and right at 1" spurs He is a Rio.

Old 04-14-2011, 03:26 AM
Spike

Nice work Ks. That must be really nice to walk out your door and hear gobbles. Very envious. Looks like a really nice bird. Congrats!
Old 04-14-2011, 02:43 PM
Fork Horn

ksfolwer

Your score is 19 + 10 + 10 + 18.5 = 57.5

Got it posted in the harvest thread.

Great lookning bird!!!

I am still waiting on the 18th, will it ever get here?????????????????????????????????????????????
Old 04-16-2011, 07:30 AM
Spike

Good job. Congrats on a nice bird.
Old 04-18-2011, 09:19 AM
Fork Horn

Opening day in MO.

It just wasn't my day. I pulled up to an old logging road and yelped a got an answer about 100yrds out, great get all my stuff on and get after him, when I put my keys in my fanny pack I hit the panic button horns starts blowing and lights flashing. Got that turned off and waited a bit and yelped sofly and he is still there. So I am walking down the logging road and told myself when i get to that tree up there I will setup. About 20 feet before the tree he gobbles so I get up agains a tree and lightly call and he is coming right at me up the ridge he turns just before he gets in sight so I turn to where I thing he will come up and there was a hen out of no where 20ft from me. I never heard her I guess because I was so focused on the Tom. She bolts and so does he.

Then I walked out 2 miles and found a spot to just take a rest and set out the decoys and as soon as I get the decoy set up another bird starts to gobble and he would gobble at everything I done if I yelped he gobbled if I made noise in the leaves he would gobble but will not come in even when I gave him the silent treatment he was still gobbling his head off. So I try to sneek up on him and move and I seen him struting at about 70yrds he got as close as 40yrds but it was just to thick and to top it off when he left with is hen they went right where I was setup before.

I had to other birds that just refused to come in.

I didn't get a turkey but I sure did have a blast other than the walk back to the truck.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.