Team 6 Team Limb Hangers

Old 05-21-2011, 12:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Well no luck this morning, I had some vehicles ride by while he was coming in. I also set up a little to far back in the woods hoping he would come in. I did get to see this one running on the way in. So I left him alone for about an hour before setting up. He is a big bird, now if I can get him in for a decent shot at him, that is the question. I am working the night shifts this week so I will try every morning I can. Hopefully I can add another one to our score.
Old 05-28-2011, 03:19 AM
Boone & Crockett

Well this morning I nailed another bird!! This is my first spring at getting any turkeys at all and this spring I have Tagged out... Yahooey! It is not a big bird at all, as it is a bearded jake. I was heading in to set up my decoys when a hen and the jake took running. I dropped my decoys and made a clucking sound with my mouth. ( I did not have my calls ready to use.) The jake stopped and gobbled to me. Then he took off running again while I hauled up the shotgun. I clucked again and the jake stopped to gobble but never finnished it as I shot and he went down.. The jake was 12.2lbs wth both spurs being 1/2 inch and a 1st beard 4 1/4 inch 2nd beard 3 1/2 inches.. Eastern..

Your score is 12.125 + 2.5 + 2.5 + 15.5 = 32.625

I am curious if this is a double bearded jake? I have never seen a double bearded bird up close before..

One of the spurs as both are the same..

Last edited by Phil from Maine; 06-02-2011 at 01:00 AM.
Old 05-30-2011, 05:20 AM
Typical Buck

Yes it is a double beard- Buddy here in Indiana killed a triple beard jake this year.
Old 06-01-2011, 05:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

Thanks, I was kinda thinking it might have been but was not sure about it. To bad it was not a big turkey as it would of helped out our team..
Old 06-01-2011, 06:29 AM
Typical Buck

You helped better than I did- I had 5 possible birds to take this year and only got 1 and missed the chance to go to KY and shoot 2. So my little jake isn't much.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:04 AM
Boone & Crockett

I hear yah, but it still counts towards the total number of birds for our team.. I am thinking my luck here was because this is the first year turkey hunting was allowed in my area. Also all the questions that I had asked about in the forum here..
Old 06-02-2011, 04:22 PM
Super Moderator

Did every one get their contest stickers?
If you haven't got your stickers, PM Turkey Goddess.
And she will get them to you.
Thank You.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

Hi all, thanks for being part of the team.. We may not have won but we did pretty darn good just the same. It has been a good experience for me with alot of good info gathered on turkey hunting. With all birds entered and our scoring we had a total of 9 birds which put us in 9th place in this catagory.. The most birds on a team was 13 birds so it was not all that bad if you ask me.. We had 6 hunters with birds and the winners only had 7 hunters with birds.. So we came in 4th in this catagory again not bad if you ask me.. Now I will have a hard time waiting until next springs turkey contest. Thank you all for being part of the team...
Old 06-19-2011, 10:07 AM
Fork Horn

Thank you to phil its been fun. 4th place thats pretty good id say im happy with that