Community

Team 2 - Tominators

Old 04-01-2011, 04:07 PM
Typical Buck

YAY Goose, springspur & bald9eagle!!!! WOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!! My team's full of studs!

I'll get your birds posted in the scoring thread! Dan - email me the pic, I'll post it!

Kim GO TEAM 2!!!!!
Old 04-02-2011, 08:53 AM
Typical Buck

I'm sending out stickers today! wetley49 & slicendice I don't have your mailing address' - when you send it to me, I'll send out your sticker. I did some cruising today, didn't see a single turkey... Just doesn't seem right! LOL

Kim
Old 04-02-2011, 02:58 PM
Fork Horn

Default bird # 2

Killed another one this morning, had a big bird come in but he busted me at about 50 yds. While i was having a smoke and getting my heart back below my collarbones 10 jakes came in and started molesting my hen decoy. Shot 1 at about 18 yards(so close the wad tore a patch of feathers off his chest) Going back to the bombing range in the morning. Think I'll concentrate on longbeards for the rest of the season.
13.5 lbs
.5 spurs
3.75 beard
Dan

Last edited by Turkey Goddess; 04-07-2011 at 07:09 PM.
Old 04-02-2011, 05:00 PM
Typical Buck

Yay Dan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe I WILL go bald!!!!!!

I'll post - congrats!!!!!!

Kim
Old 04-03-2011, 04:27 PM
Typical Buck

Got up at 4am - to go to one of my spots w/ a crow call & listen for them gobbling on the roost. Located about 10-12 gobblers. I know for a fact there's 4 NICE one's out there. Lots of jakes. I'm not sure anything makes me happier than hearing that sound. We're trying to discuss strategy - because this spot is pressured by other hunters. If you don't kill one the first 2 days - then you might as well move on.

I can still remember last year - opening day - they were gobbling their head's off. All around us... The anticipation waiting for fly-down was unreal. Then they flew down to the East of us. The next morning - same thing - gobbling their head's off. (At least 10 right by us)... this time we got smart, set-up East of where we did the day before... GUESS where they flew down? To the West of us... Dang turkeys!!! LOL

So we're doing our best to come up with a fool-proof plan this year... Just not sure what that'll be yet! 19 more days until S Dakota... COME ON!!!

Kim
Old 04-04-2011, 05:22 AM
j76
Typical Buck

Split up Kim! You get on one side of em and Hubby gets on the other!.........least that way He will get one!!!
Old 04-04-2011, 09:54 AM
bhw
Nontypical Buck

Those pics fired me up! Way to go! May 1st can't come fast enough!!!
Old 04-04-2011, 10:07 AM
Typical Buck

2 weeks until the MD season opens, but it's not looking good so far.
2-3" of snow over the weekend and the birds are still flocked up. Couldn't get to some of our club land due to the area being closed due to ice. Did put alot of miles on the truck and checked out several pieces of public land and found some sign at some of them. Still waiting to hear my first gobble this year, but it's hard to hear a gobble when sleet is smacking you in the head!
Old 04-04-2011, 04:06 PM
Typical Buck

LOL j76!!!! Not a bad plan!!!

I know - I'm fired up too!!! Dang - we leave for South Dakota in 16 days... COME ON BABY!!!

They're just starting to gobble here (not consistently yet) and some strutting. I don't think they're breeding yet...

Kim
Old 04-04-2011, 09:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Worst trip to south carolina ever for hunting. Not too bad for bs'ing and having a good time though. Most nights I couldn't get everyone to bed early enough to want to get up the next morning so basically I hunted Friday morning alone and got a couple birds to gobble. While moving in on them I came to a barb wire fence and not knowing the property lines or neighbors I didn't cross it. The two birds sounded like they were together and worked their way away from me.

Saturday morning we all went and the guy that owned the property split us all up sending us to differnt areas. I heard a few birds gobble but nothing would come in. The property owner did kill a long beard that morning.

Sunday morning no one wanted to get up and I didn't either since we was leaving out early to get back home. Like I said not the best $ ever spent to go hunting but I did have a good time hanging out with my friend and his co worker and his friends. So it wasn't the worst trip but certainly not what I expected the way they talked about turkey hunting before we went.

Now I wait for WV season to come in on April 25.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.