Team 1 KEE KEE KREW

Old 04-25-2011, 09:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice looking bird moose. Also - I looked for the information on your jake, but I could not find any. Did you ever post a picture of it, or just the mature tom. Or am I just blind.

Thanks,

Marcial
Old 04-25-2011, 09:12 AM
Typical Buck

Busted one Friday morning, been stuck behind flood waters in south Mo and just now getting to a computer. Haven't scored it yet but it weighed 25 lbs, had a 10 inch beard and a whopping 1 3/8 sprus. It was a dandy. When my wife gets home whe will download the pictures for me and i'll get them posted along with the story. Almost pulled a sort of double, my brother smoked one about 20 minutes later, a 22 1/2 pounder. Pics comeing later.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by turkey harvester
Busted one Friday morning, been stuck behind flood waters in south Mo and just now getting to a computer. Haven't scored it yet but it weighed 25 lbs, had a 10 inch beard and a whopping 1 3/8 sprus. It was a dandy. When my wife gets home whe will download the pictures for me and i'll get them posted along with the story. Almost pulled a sort of double, my brother smoked one about 20 minutes later, a 22 1/2 pounder. Pics comeing later.
Thats an awesome turkey! Congrats!
Old 04-25-2011, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by charlie brown
Nice looking bird moose. Also - I looked for the information on your jake, but I could not find any. Did you ever post a picture of it, or just the mature tom. Or am I just blind.

Thanks,

Marcial
Its on page 9 post 88. thanks
Old 04-25-2011, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Right on! Go Krew Go! It's good to see my teammates busting a few heads out there.

CB...no worries mate, we'll back you up. Just think how sweet next spring season will be.
Old 04-25-2011, 04:30 PM
Typical Buck

Swing and a miss opening morning here gang!
Sorry my buddy Adam and I were going for a double header and got ****y we should have just let the first one have it.
Turkey's 1 Treebeard 0 DOH!
This week is all rain so I hope that Saturday morning will produce I will do afternoons this week weather permitting.
Treebeard
Old 04-25-2011, 05:49 PM
Typical Buck

Turkey's weight:25 lbs. oz.

Spur length Right:1 3/8 in. Left:1 1/4 in.

Beard length 10 in.
Eastern

Your score is 25 + 13.75 + 12.5 + 20 = 71.25
Woke up Friday morning it was foggy, misting, and the wind was blowing. It had just got done storming about 3 hours earlier. The wife was sick in bed, so she didn’t go. My brother and I went to our spot and kinda laughed about the weather. It got about 6:08 and I told him lets make something happen, so I hooted. A turkey gobbled about 80-90 yards straight in front of us. So we set up, in the same spot my wife and I did the first day, put out the decoys and waited. This bird gobbled his freaking head off for 15-20 minutes before pitching down in a small field to our left. It was foggy and I couldn’t see the bird but I could here him strut. Finally he come walking in gobbling every step, stopped when he seen the decoys and began to strut. Crossed under the fence and displayed for the ladies some, then I couldn’t take it no more he got shot in the face. This bird weighed 25 lbs. had a 10 inch beard and had a whopping 1 3/8 rt.spur and 1 11/4 left spur. He was a dandy for sure, and he read and played the script right.
After I shot we heard another turkey gobble about 150-200 yards away. So I grabbed my bird, tagged it right quick, put it behind the tree we were at and we took off after the other bird for my brother. Grabbed the decoys and went about 50 yards and he gobbled right in our face. Put the decoy about 10 yards to our left, should have stayed where we were, and called . We heard 3 gobbles and they were getting close. 2 lookers and 1 strutter came walking down the edge of the field, walked on feathers of the one I killed, and seen the decoy. That was it they came in and my brother smoked a 22 ½ pounder had a 9 ¼ inch beard and 1 inch spurs. By far the absolute best turkey hunt I think I’ve ever been on and done it with my little brother.
Attached Thumbnails Team 1 KEE KEE KREW-turkeys2011-033.jpg   Team 1 KEE KEE KREW-turkeys2011-250.jpg   Team 1 KEE KEE KREW-turkeys2011-298.jpg   Team 1 KEE KEE KREW-turkeys2011-221.jpg  

Last edited by turkey harvester; 04-25-2011 at 05:51 PM.
Old 04-26-2011, 07:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Way to go! Awesome bird, man!

These stinkin' birds are just not acting like they normally do this year. I have generally tagged out by this time, and have been skunked so far! Still have a little over a week to get it done, and will be in the woods every opportunity that I have. Tough, though. They aren't gobbling, they aren't in their normal areas and have abandoned some strut zones I observed them in during pre-season. From the scouting success I had, I had very good feelings leading up to the season, but they just simply are not hanging around there anymore.

I by no means plan to be skunked...I will do everything that I can to score! Weather looks less than fortunate for most of the remainder of the season, but I will be braving the conditions, and hopefully will soon be posting some pics of my own!

Best wishes for continued success, KREW!!!
Old 04-26-2011, 01:01 PM
Typical Buck

Saweet nice bird!
Old 04-28-2011, 04:12 PM
Typical Buck

Turkey harvester,
YEEHA! Fantastic bird!! Way to go team we are looking better all the time!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.