HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2010-2011 Turkey Contests (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2010-2011-turkey-contests-123/)
-   -   Need a new dishwasher, any recommendations? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2010-2011-turkey-contests/337760-need-new-dishwasher-any-recommendations.html)

badshotbob 01-06-2011 09:56 AM

Need a new dishwasher, any recommendations?

After seven miserable years with a $1,200 Kitchen Aid, it finally puked for the last time. I've put money in it more than once, it leaked causing $10,000 worth of damage, and it only cleaned the dishes good for about two years. Quiet though, I'll give it that.

So on to the next one. Looking at Maytag at the moment.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
bsb

RIbadazzz 01-06-2011 10:17 AM

do not get a GE!!!!

mine's an expensive one too, and it sucks, have to wash everything on heavy duty, etc...steam, 2nd rinse, blah blah blah, and it still doesn't do a good job and loading it is miserable.

ya the dad has a Kenmore and it rocks, designed for Americans I think...

JW 01-06-2011 10:48 AM

I will send my wife as she has 40 yrs experience! :D

She is free and I pay for shipping - and as a bonus if you order today I will even toss in a free week at my camp too!

JW

timbercruiser 01-06-2011 11:01 AM

My brother owns three dormacilaries (home for elderly care) and they use nothing but Hobart. They tried the commercial type GE and Maytag and they didn't last. The Hobart's are high, but they are solid and don't use a lot of water.

sachiko 01-06-2011 11:11 AM

I just moved in with him back in February of 2007, but Honorable Husband has been using a Kenmore since 1998 and has had absolutely no problems with it. And it does an excellent job.

:sheep:
You can't wash sheep in it though

ButchA 01-06-2011 12:06 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by badshotbob (Post 3753632)
After seven miserable years with a $1,200 Kitchen Aid, it finally puked for the last time. I've put money in it more than once, it leaked causing $10,000 worth of damage, and it only cleaned the dishes good for about two years. Quiet though, I'll give it that.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
bsb

There you go... Get a Maytag. That's what my wife and I bought after our ancient Sears/Kenmore model bit the dust and leaked. (BTW... ours leaked through the linoleum, onto the first layer of flooring - but luckily, it never leaked all the way through to the main support beams or whatnot under the kitchen. We ripped up the linoleum, then my bro-in-law and I pieced together a section of flooring, about 6' by 4' and used flooring putty to get it flush, even, and square. Then my wife and daughters redid the kitchen floor with place 'n stick floor tiles. Saved a TON of money...)

Anyway, our dishwasher is the new model Maytag Quiet Series 200. It is an excellent dishwasher, very quiet, and rugged.

jeepkid 01-06-2011 01:36 PM

Bosch.....

Jeff Ovington 01-06-2011 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by jeepkid (Post 3753727)
Bosch.....

Agreed....Best on the Market.
None of my appliance match Brand names in my house but Bosch makes the best dishwasher.

Fieldmouse 01-06-2011 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by badshotbob (Post 3753632)

Any recommendations?

Thanks,
bsb

Watch what you buy, they all seem to come from the same place.

I have stayed on top of my Kitchen Aid. I too had a leak from a seal that came loose but fixed it right away. Lately, it hadn't been cleaning well at all. I called and saw the new KA has a screen insert for easy cleaning and the CS rep said mine had none. Well only half true. I pulled mine apart all the way down to the pump in the bottom. Only had to remover say 1/2 dozen items or so. Here is what I found, lots of scum, about 8 to 10 tooth picks, 2 chicken bones and one soda can top. No wonder the scum build up was there, the pump wasn't getting 100% of the water. So in the future, unless I buy the new KA model, I need to pull my apart say after 2 or 3 years and make sure all the crap isn't caught below.

etothepii 01-07-2011 06:48 AM

:happy0157::DI thought you are married...