2010-2011 Gun Deer Hunting Contest Good Luck Everyone!

Official Team #10 Thread

Old 10-04-2010, 10:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Figure I'll get in a couple of goose hunts before our ML season starts Oct. 18th. Guess we should maybe decide on a captain, team name, and get the last 3 on board. Welcome W9ARcher.
Old 10-05-2010, 07:31 PM
Fork Horn

D Rock checking in. I have been so busy lately I have failed to surf the internet in this direction. I am on board for a great 2010 season. I will be hunting my parents 40 acres in south-central Indiana. We just had it logged so we will see what that does to the deer hunting.
Old 10-05-2010, 08:27 PM
Fork Horn

I'd like to nominate 'whitetaildreamer' for captain since he's got this ball rolling and knows his way around this forum based upon his number of posts.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

just got the guns sighted in sunday. we changed some scopes around so we had to get them all set up and to make sure they are hitting good. im changing guns this due to the fact my little brother can hunt this year now. hes going to be using my .243 and i'll be using either the .280 or the cannon the .338. now i just need to go out and kill something. November 20th can't come any faster
Old 10-12-2010, 11:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey, Wis rifle hunter, would you like to captain the team? I think we should make a desision so we can name the team and track down any that have not checked in. What'd you think? Our season opens for ML next monday Oct 18 and I'm sure interested in taking the ol'smoke pole out for a drive. We had our third coldest and longest winter up here last year so I hope our deer herd didn't loose too many. Our temps up here have been in the mid twenties C (about low to mid 70's on the F scale) so you don't see too much movement during the day. Also, we're had an incredible amount of rain this year so the swamps are full and I believe the deer will be running the ridges. Good place to start anyways. Thanks for the offer of the captain but perhaps we should all put in a vote. My vote is for Wis rifle hunter. S0 let's get eveyone else's input please so we can choose a captain and a team name. What about something like, "Warm Hearted Killers", or, "Freezer Fillers", "Spot'em and Drop'em", "Dead by Crosshairs", "One Shot, One Kill", 00Buck,Licence to Kill", "Supersonic Death", "Gotcha", "Thunder Slayers", or "Let the Gutting Begin". Just a few ideas. Better than just Team 10. What do you all think and/or offer up some suggestions. Lets get this thred rolling guys, hunting season is around the corner. So who hasn't check in? Must only be a couple now.
Old 10-12-2010, 11:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

8. dannydeer - Indiana
9. Tasumin - Maryland
Haven't checked in. Any of you guys know them?
Old 10-13-2010, 06:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

i wouldn't mind being the captain but i think we should have a vote for one. as for names it doesn't matter to me. one shot, one kill or 00buck would be my choices
Old 10-19-2010, 08:22 PM
Fork Horn

I'm fine with wis rifle hunter as captain, especially since he's willing to take the lead.

As far as team name, 00buck caught my eye when I read the original list.

I'm heading up in 1 week taking some boy scouts out bowhunting. It's always a great trip teaching young hunters the sport of hunting and the sharing the commaradarie of deer camp. With the rut just around the corner here in Wisconsin, I'm getting pumped for some time in the woods the next 4 weeks. Hope it cools down some and we get some rain as I hate hunting the sunny days. Need some fronts to move through and get the deer back out during daylight.

Good Luck
Old 10-19-2010, 10:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Seems like there are only 3 of us regularily checking the thread, will you take the captain position wis rifle hunter? Also I'm good with 00Buck as the team name. Since there is three of us that like the name just go with it. Congrats Wis rifle hunter. Our ML season opened on monday but I won't be able to get out till Fri. I usually take meat first so does are fair game but I do carry a second deer licence so Bucks will be on the menue also. Truly enjoy the ML season here because it is before the rifle season (can get meat in the freezer and little pressure compared to regular rifle) where I can take out the big stick (7mm mag) and wait out the big boys. Sighted it in last Sat. and was getting 3 shot groups within a quarter at 200 yards. But then again after loading my rounds for her for over 25 years and 2 and a half decades of shooting, when I raise it to the shoulder it's just like an extension of myself. You guys all be safe in the woods and best of luck to all of us.
Old 10-22-2010, 06:31 AM
Fork Horn

I vote for wis rifle hunter for captain as well. Sorry I haven't been on here a whole lot lately. I have been in the process of changing jobs. Things have been hectic. As season approaches things will settle down. 00Buck sounds like a great name to me. My season starts on the 13th and then goes til the 28th. Then muzzleloader season starts on Dec. 4th then goes til the 19th. I have seen some nice buck on my trail camera photos so I will see what I can do to contribute to the score. I am also targeting as many does as I can. We haven't taken as many does as we should have the past few years. Good luck to everyone!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.