2010-2011 Gun Deer Hunting Contest Good Luck Everyone!

Official Team #7 Thread

Old 10-21-2010, 11:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by deermeat01
Hello every one, my name is bryan. About the user name mix up, I used buckmeat along time ago and signed up using it by accident. Im mostly hunting in orange county Va. where I live. sorry it took me so long to sign in, I only have decent web access at work and my life is kind of hecktick this tim of year. Working around my tight work scheduel Iv been bow hunting 6 or 7 times this yr. and I made my very first bow kill wed the 6th, a med. size doe. Iv only seen 1 good buck so far but many mature does. The deer are keeping to the hard woods right now because of the huge acorn drop this yr. But if their running on the same trails on 2 weeks 1 or 2 will fall to the mzl ldr. The hunting season in Va starts Oct2 w/bows, Oct 30 w/mzl ldr, Nov13 w/rifle. I killed 10 last yr and 8 the yr before. I plan on doing the same this yr. to keep the freezer full, family and friends fed.
Again, sorry it took so long to sign in and the mixup on the user name.
Welcome to the team Bryan!
Old 10-22-2010, 04:37 AM
Spike

Hey Bryan,

Welcome aboard.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:45 AM
Spike

Default Still short one

Hey everybody,

Sorry i haven't been around lately, i only wish it was because i was sitting in a tree stand. Work and home have taken precedence. I do have plans to be in the woods all day Mon with high hopes. The owner says there are deer every where. I am also counting the days until i head out to Ill.

Any way, they still haven't filled any empty spots with alternates and we are still one short. I will check with who does the assigning and let him know that Bryan is now aboard and we need only 1.

Good luck to all, the weather is starting to cool down here in CT. The bucks will be chasing soon.
Old 10-22-2010, 05:17 AM
Spike

Good morning team 7,
killed another deer last night at about 6:15 pm, came in to a couple grunts. He was a 100# 4 pointer. just fill'n the freezer. my daughter will help me post the pics soon.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:17 PM
Spike

Killed a young doe this evening, maybe 75#s. (good eat'n) Was trying to get the nice buck that was in the area, seen him a couple of times today, to come in past the stand but no such luck. At this rate I can be selective come the two firearms seasons.
Just fillin the freezer.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:34 PM
Super Moderator

Got to see a shooter buck a few nights ago. We call him Tall Tines. Hes a 150 class buck. Passed on 2 small bucks with my bow yesterday. I did find 3 scrapes so things are looking up
Old 10-29-2010, 09:59 AM
Spike

Bow tonight and smoke pole tomorrow morning, and the fun begins. Im starting the mzl ldr season at +3 sofar.
Old 10-30-2010, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

I passed on a couple more bucks with my bow this morning. It seems like the woods have come alive the last few days. Any way gun season is just around the corner here in Indiana. Good luck
Old 11-01-2010, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Our 1st gun season in Illinois is the Weekend prior to Thanksgiving weekend. It runs a whopping 3 days...... I will be in Southern Illinois for that one.
Old 11-08-2010, 07:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Starting to look good for my Illinois gun season, I have seen a couple real nice bucks that just won't get close enough to stick with an arrow. I had one this past weekend that gave me 3 perfect shots with the old shotgun. Seems like everytime we go out bowhunting the temps hit 60 and the deer vanish. By the way did we come up with a name yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.