Community
2010-2011 Gun Deer Hunting Contest Good Luck Everyone!

Official Team #8 Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

2 days for me boys!!!
Old 11-18-2010, 06:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Two days out so far and nothing on the ground yet. I will be out again the Fri and Sat after Thanksgiving. My son is shooting in Ga. this weekend in an air rifle competition. My club has had two very nive bucks killed, a 22 wide by 17 high 10 point that will score big and a thin framed 8 that is 21 by 16. Good luck all.
Old 11-25-2010, 04:23 PM
Typical Buck

got my first deer ever on saturday, sorry i didn't get to post until now. It ended up being a button buck, but I had thought It was a doe. Regardless it was my first and I am very proud of it.

Shot with a Mossberg .243
Attached Thumbnails Official Team #8 Thread-adam-s-1-deer-11-20-10.jpg  
Old 11-29-2010, 03:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well Sat. morning we were on a field that we could see 150 yards before a hill blocked our view. When two deer popped up over the crest of the hill, a 4 point and a 9 point. This 9 point is the biggest deer my son has seen since he has been hunting. He did everything right, stayed still waited for the deer to get into range and when he slowly raised the gun the buck saw him and got into high gear and my son shot twice right behind him. I was very proud of him for sitting so still, he is 11 and even though he is down on himself now I told him he did better then a lot of folks that are twice his age and above. Back out this weekend, good luck!
Old 12-05-2010, 02:36 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by Allen Denton
Well Sat. morning we were on a field that we could see 150 yards before a hill blocked our view. When two deer popped up over the crest of the hill, a 4 point and a 9 point. This 9 point is the biggest deer my son has seen since he has been hunting. He did everything right, stayed still waited for the deer to get into range and when he slowly raised the gun the buck saw him and got into high gear and my son shot twice right behind him. I was very proud of him for sitting so still, he is 11 and even though he is down on himself now I told him he did better then a lot of folks that are twice his age and above. Back out this weekend, good luck!
Sounds like it was a great experience. I missed my first deer too last year, a doe. Everyone misses, and anyone who says that they never misses or critisizes you for missing (other than just busting balls) is wrong.....

Just like that
Old 12-16-2010, 02:34 PM
Typical Buck

Wellll...............I got two last, final days to get us a buck. I have this weekend of black powder only here in NY to put one down...Which I hope to do. Stand hunt for as long as I can then do some still hunting in the snow....Can't wait,

Good luck
BigBuck95
Old 12-21-2010, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have had a few chances to kill a doe and I have past them up waiting for a buck. After Christmas I will have 3 more chances and I will hopefully take at least a doe for the team. Good luck to those who are still out there hunting.