Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010-2011 Gun Deer Hunting Contest
Official Team 11 "Spinal Tap" Thread >

Official Team 11 "Spinal Tap" Thread

Community
2010-2011 Gun Deer Hunting Contest Good Luck Everyone!

Official Team 11 "Spinal Tap" Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Points on the board.
This morning was opening day in GA and I managed to shoot some meat for my empty freezer. I sat till 10:00am without seeing anything more then a hindend disappearing into the brush. So I get out of the stand and walk down the shooting lane a ways to trim a couple limbs that were in the way before I leave for the day. I lean my rifle against a tree and use my mono pod to get hold of a branch over my head unsucessfully for a minute. I look down the shooting land and though the waist high grass and weeds I see what looks like ears about 130 yards away. I drop my mono pod walk over the get my gun, pick my mono pod back up let it out all the way and take about a minute of moving back and forth till I foung a good window to send the bullet though. At the shot my 130gr TTSX put her down.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by RugerM77.270
Points on the board.
This morning was opening day in GA and I managed to shoot some meat for my empty freezer. I sat till 10:00am without seeing anything more then a hindend disappearing into the brush. So I get out of the stand and walk down the shooting lane a ways to trim a couple limbs that were in the way before I leave for the day. I lean my rifle against a tree and use my mono pod to get hold of a branch over my head unsucessfully for a minute. I look down the shooting land and though the waist high grass and weeds I see what looks like ears about 130 yards away. I drop my mono pod walk over the get my gun, pick my mono pod back up let it out all the way and take about a minute of moving back and forth till I foung a good window to send the bullet though. At the shot my 130gr TTSX put her down.

nice job, was she bleedin out her twat?
Old 10-16-2010, 12:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Put it in the high shoulders and punched the lungs also. Blood just got all over her when I was moving het around.
Old 10-16-2010, 02:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Put it in the high shoulders and punched the lungs also. Blood just got all over her when I was moving het around.
i was askin if she was bleeding for the rut, not from the shot?
Old 10-16-2010, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Rut won't hit her till after Thanksgiving.
Old 10-18-2010, 05:04 PM
Typical Buck

Thumbs up

Points on the board.
Way to go RugerM77.270! Way to put points on the board and meat in the freezer! Nice Nanny
Old 10-18-2010, 05:07 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by halfbakedi420
nice job, was she bleedin out her twat?
Way to put things as eloquently as ever halfbaked!
Old 10-20-2010, 07:55 PM
Fork Horn

nice job ruger
my grandson and i got skunked this past weekend
i think it was to warm all the deer were hiding from the heat
we did see this guy on sunday

Old 10-29-2010, 12:07 PM
Fork Horn

going out again this weekend and try to get a doe or two
it's the second management hunt the grandson and I are doing
hopefully with the cooler weather they'll be moving a bit more and we can at least get him one.

don
Old 11-07-2010, 01:27 PM
Typical Buck

Hey guys, MO rifle season is starting next weekend. Dad and I are heading out Friday morning to put up a stand and come Saturday morning, it is on! A cold front is moving in Thursday which should get the rut kicked off very nicely. Wish me luck!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.