Community
2010-2011 Gun Deer Hunting Contest Good Luck Everyone!

Official Team 9 "Buck Nuts" Thread

Old 11-29-2010, 08:42 AM
Typical Buck

Nice buck!!!!!! Congrats!!!!
Old 11-29-2010, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Very cool buck 3stone! Too bad his main is broken but I wouldn't have passed on him!!
Old 11-29-2010, 10:34 AM
Fork Horn

VERY nice buck! Great job!

Should push our lead quite a bit. You should be proud of that buck.

When doing the score, just remember we're doing gross, no deductions (which should be the way it is for all bucks, IMO)

What's the story?
Old 11-29-2010, 10:37 AM
Fork Horn

Had to look at the pics again. What's the inside spread on that hog? Great mass too! If the world was right, you'd get bonus points for character...
Old 11-30-2010, 07:34 AM
Fork Horn

His inside spread was 20 even. He does have some huge mass and great character. I bet his bases are around 9 inches. I've never seen a buck with split G4's on both sides. He did have about 3 inches of his right mainbeam broken off. His neck was covered with dried blood and cuts so he had been kicking some ass this season. He also has a split left browtine and a kicker on his right G2. My best buck yet and it was a great hunt. I had hunted opening morning and taken a doe (required) and passed on a number of smaller bucks. I took a nap mid day and then headed back out to hunt at 1:30 ina different stand. I was at the top of my ladder stand screwing in a few hooks to hang my gear on when I saw him just standing their about 75 yards behind me. His rack was hidden but I knew he was a buck. He turned to walk broadside and I got a look at his rack and my knees immediately started to shake. I put one right through his heart, he ran 50 yards down a ravine and dropped. I shot him at 1:58 in the afternoon, so be sure to sit all day on opening day! Trying to get the official score so I can register him.
Old 11-30-2010, 09:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Bout the same with me 3stone. I had a tree that I could climb from the ground so I was only about 10 feet up. I'd watch and call for 10 minutes then nap for 10. Repeated that a couple times. Then I seen a couple hunters to my east walking North so I grabbed my gun just in case they bumped something. Then to my suprise my buck came from the west about 10 yards from me. I seen he had a good rack but didn't know how big and he walked behind a tree, came out, and I dropped him. Its was 1:45 in the afternoon.
Old 11-30-2010, 01:48 PM
Fork Horn

Yep, I try to hunt all day long, especially when they're rutting.

Good Job!
Old 12-01-2010, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome buck 3stone. Congrats on a great deer. Lets win this contest guys.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys, haven't heard from some of you. What's going on? 3stone, when are going to score that buck? We are falling behind team 3 now. We need every point we can get. I killed another 8 point this past weekend, but he won't score much higher than my first one. I'll post pics and score later. I guess I'll score him for the contest. The bucks just haven't been moving this season like they usually do. So many white oak acorns. They can feed anytime and anywhere. It's like a buffet out there for them. I must have completely missed the rut. I have seen zero activity. It must have taken place when I was working or at night. Keep in touch and good luck the rest of the season.
Old 12-06-2010, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

BTW, we are still leading in most posts and hits. At least we're ahead in something.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.