Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest
Team 23 HEART STOPPERS!  official thread >

Team 23 HEART STOPPERS! official thread

2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 23 HEART STOPPERS! official thread

Old 10-25-2010, 05:17 AM
Typical Buck

Checking in for Btbowhunter-

The Wounded Warrior is in camp and enjoying his time with family and new friends. Deer movement has been non-existant. Great habitat and hunt locations but no deer sightings Fri and Sat. Weather has been warm and rainy to contribute to the slow movement. Didn't get a report on Sunday just yet but will post when I do.

A reception on behalf of the WW will be held in Meredosia, IL on Thursday night. PM if interested in more details.

Good luck guys!
Old 10-31-2010, 06:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hey guys, I finally got a net connection out here! Our disabled hero had a very tough hunt but we did finally manage to get close on his last day. In spite of all his challenges and disappointments, he chose to let a marginal opportunity go.

He had a great time and I'm honored with some great new friends. What more could you ask for....

The bucks have started really turning on. I let a 130ish buck walk by yesterday and another guy in camp had a hoss in but no shot opportunity. This week ahead is looking great. Good luck all! Lets get the heart stoppers on the board!!

Shoot straight
Bob
Old 11-13-2010, 02:07 PM
Typical Buck

MY ARCHERY SEASON HAS COME TO AN END. The only thing i have from it is A Doe. I seen a Monster on SAT the 6th but he was 500 / 600 yards away. I shot the Doe on the 2nd of November.

I passed on a 60 - 70 inch 7 point today at 0915 am.

Just not what i'm after, the doe has been good eatin thou!!!!!
Old 11-15-2010, 11:17 AM
Spike

Put us on the board!!! Anyone else have any luck this year?
Old 11-22-2010, 02:52 PM
Spike

Am I going to have to send out the National Guard to find you guys cause I'm starting to think you may have fallin out of your tree stands!
Old 11-22-2010, 06:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well guys I'm finally able to get back on here! It's been a fun season so far but I really blew it! I passed several young bucks in the 120-130 class waiting for that big one. Well my patience paid off a little over a week ago when a 150+ 10 pointer walked in on me. I have no excuse. I dont generally get buck fever anymore and I didnt this time. It was a 23 yard chip shot. The deer was standing. I wasnt rushed. But somehow, that arrow went way low and a bit left and hit the buck in the leg. I watched with a sick feeling as he ran away dropping the arrow two leaps away. The only good news was that he chased a doe by me the next day so he was not hurt badly.

Well, Saturday, one of our hunters shot a big 10 with a shotgun. He called me and sure enough, it was my buck. He taped out at 151 1/8 and we estimated him at 4 1/2 or 5 1/2 years old. I'll try to post a pic tomorrow!

I do have one patterned back here at home that probably is between 125 and 130. I'll be out in the firearm season with my bow to try to redeem myself.

It aint over by any stretch. My best 3 PA archery bucks over the years were shot either during the gun season or the late bow season

Last edited by BTBowhunter; 11-22-2010 at 06:28 PM.
Old 11-25-2010, 10:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well guys, we do have one thing thats sets us apart from tother teams...... we have the lowest post count of all the teams in contest!!! I know I am partly at fault having been off here for 4 weeks but I had no net service where I was staying. What's everyone been seeing ? Any misses, close calls, good luck, bad luck?

So far, my bow season has been a mixed bag of good and bad. Got two does in the freezer and arrowed a big female coyote. Saw 2 bobcats in Illinois on stand.

PA gun season starts Monday but I'll be taking the bow out. Still plenty of time to shoot that buck!

Happy Turkey day to all the heartstoppers!!!

Last edited by BTBowhunter; 11-25-2010 at 10:16 AM.
Old 12-18-2010, 10:35 AM
Typical Buck

2ND ARCHERY SEASON STARTS THE 27TH of December

I'll be out then

Sorry i haven't been on in a while
Old 12-22-2010, 04:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'll be out there Monday as well. I'm pretty sure that at least one good buck still frequents one of my spots. At this point, our team hopes look glum but ya just never know......