Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest
Team 23 HEART STOPPERS!  official thread >

Team 23 HEART STOPPERS! official thread

Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 23 HEART STOPPERS! official thread

Old 10-11-2010, 05:18 PM
Fork Horn

That's great BT! That is what it is all about right there. I hope he connects to.
Old 10-11-2010, 05:25 PM
Fork Horn

I have only gone out once and that was opening weekend on Sunday night. I am away playing baseball in college and I cannot make it home during the week, but our fall season ended this past Saturday so I will be making it home every weekend here on out. I did see 14 deer Sunday night though. 5 little bucks hounding an old doe. Her fawns were huge so I think she was bred real early last year and from the looks of it she may be bred real early this year to. The biggest buck wouldn't leave her alone and he was sparring with another little buck. A great first sit. I also made a mock scrape and set my cam over it. I am anxious to see if they have been hitting it. Just wanted to keep you guys posted and good luck to everyone.
Old 10-12-2010, 09:20 AM
Spike

BT
That’s an awesome feeling to do something like that. I know it changed the way I look at hunting, its more of a privilege than a right. I took a wounded Marine out through the WWIA (Wounded Warriors In Action) program and it was a great experience. Learned a lot about the people who allow use to hunt like we do today. If it wasn’t for them we might not have this privilege. One of the most touching moments thus far in my life and hope its that same for you. Make sure you let us know how he does!!

Good Luck
Old 10-13-2010, 10:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well, I broke the ice this morning on a mature doe. She's skinned and coolin in the garage now.

Just got through all the trailcam pics and found this guy at one of my old reliable PA spots

Last edited by BTBowhunter; 10-13-2010 at 12:10 PM.
Old 10-15-2010, 07:06 AM
Fork Horn

BT as a vet myself i thank you, its guys like you that make it easier for our brothers to come home and get to do the things they love again. once again thank you
Old 10-16-2010, 03:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

I appreciate the kind words guys. The bottom line is there is no way to adequately thank those who have served most especially those who were hurt or killed in that service.

I have this in the midwest forum but if anyone here will be around the small town of Meredosia Illinois on Oct 28, we're having a little get together to honor our wounded warrior at the end of his hunt. It will be held at the Approach restaurant right on main street by the bridge over the Illinois river. Good food, adult beverages and a chance to thank our vet. We hope to be there about 7:30 till? We have a room that'll hold 75 or so and no reservations are needed but a heads up if you plan on stoppping by will help us get an idea of how many the Approach should plan for.

Talk to you later guys. I'm sitting at my camp looking out at a terrific sunrise wishing I was in my tree but gotta leave in 15 minutes to meet someone across the county that had to be today
Old 10-19-2010, 01:04 PM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by afrdnckhntr
BT as a vet myself i thank you, its guys like you that make it easier for our brothers to come home and get to do the things they love again. once again thank you

X2

BT it takes a special kind of person to do what your doing for this VET. I would love to be there in IL to thank him and YOU but i can not attend, but i will pray for a successfull event!!!!!

Thank You!!!!!
Old 10-19-2010, 07:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well guys, I leave for Illinois tomorrow morning. Our vet arrives Thursday. I'll be checking in when I can. My net service will be via my laptop and signals can be very spotty where I'll be but I'll be sure and keep you updated!

Shoot straight guys and poke a biggun!!
Old 10-22-2010, 03:55 PM
Spike

Sorry for not checking in sooner,i forgot all about this site.Between hunting, school and me just getting a job at Basspro I have been busy latley.Am i still on the team?
Old 10-23-2010, 10:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ugh....I had to let down on one because I could find my pin through my peep. It was the 8th buck I seen and amazingly 6 out of the 8 were in shooting distance. I had a hot doe come through with 4 bucks behind her and about another 20+ does in the fresh cut corn field. I looked about 200 yards into the field and seen a nice buck pick his head up and chase a fairly size buck towards my stand. As I was drawing the big buck picked up the doe scent and headed towards my stand 12 yards away. I looked forever for my pin (getting dark) and could only see it if I moved my head away from my anchor point. I wasn't going to shoot because I didn't want to wound him. So I let off. We'll try again soon and hopefully he will be back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.