HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2010-2011-bowhunting-contest-118/)
-   -   Team 22 "Tree Stand Slaughter House" (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2010-2011-bowhunting-contest/330153-team-22-tree-stand-slaughter-house.html)

kldad06 09-20-2010 07:13 AM

Team 22 "Tree Stand Slaughter House"

Please check in here.

Team 22
1. Pheasantfanatic
2. Kswild
3. hokies09
4. kldad06
5. clos21
6. Okieshooter
7. *twodogs*
8. mfd1027
9. Joshhuff99
10. pearsontx4

mfd1027 09-20-2010 05:27 PM

I thought I was gonna be the last guy to check in. lol Looking forward to it.

Dan

kldad06 09-21-2010 07:21 AM

Hope everyone else checks in. The biggest thing this year to strive for is that everyone checks in a deer. Last year we had 2 that shot nice deer but never checked their scores in on here. But should be fun. I always enjoy when their is a little competition involved.

pearsontx4 09-21-2010 11:00 AM

so i just check in a deer on this thread when and if i get one?

clos21 09-21-2010 12:51 PM

Checking in sorry it took so long i have been out of town

pheasantfanatic 09-21-2010 05:26 PM

Pheasantfanatic checking in!! I won't have much time to hunt until about the 1st part of December, but will be hitting it hard then through the end of December. Hopefully I'll be able to put something down this year. I'll be chasing the offspring of this big boy. This is my dad's deer from last year, and I'll be hunting in the same exact area for the most part :)

Looking forward to getting to know you guys!!

hokies09 09-22-2010 05:24 AM

Sorry for checking in so late, I had a pretty busy first half of the week. This is my first year in the contest, so hopefully I'll be able to contribute to the team. I am hunting in the Piedmont of NC, which is known for having some of the biggest deer in NC. Ive got a few nice ones on camera, so hopefully I can get a shot or two at a few of them. Looking forward to getting to know you guys.

pheasantfanatic 09-22-2010 06:05 AM

We need to vote on a captain, and figure out a name. Does anyone know of anyone that can make us an avatar after we figure out a name?? I have done this for several years, but never can find anyone to make an avatar. Someone else always has someone they know, lol

Like the kldad06 said, we just all need to concentrate on taking a deer this year and we'll have a shot at being pretty high up in the standings. You don't have to have the biggest deer to win the contest, but everyone needs to score :) That will go a long way

pheasantfanatic 09-22-2010 06:08 AM

Originally Posted by pearsontx4 (Post 3686677)
so i just check in a deer on this thread when and if i get one?

Yes, and make sure you have a picture of the deer with YOU and YOUR BOW in it. The rules are very strict about that. If you or the bow is not in the picture, we won't get the points for your deer.

I see that you're from KS. Where ya from?? I'm from North Central KS

*twodogs* 09-22-2010 07:08 AM

Team 22
1. Pheasantfanatic
2. Kswild
3. hokies09
4. kldad06
5. clos21
6. Firemedic_79
7. *twodogs*
8. mfd1027
9. Joshhuff99
10. pearsontx4

Hunters in bold have checked in as of date/time on this post. My season starts October 16 in Upstate New York.

kldad06 - would you mind editing your 1st post and copy the team list from this message into yours so we have our team members at the top of our thread. Thanks!

P.S. Private messages sent to those not checked in.

kldad06 09-22-2010 09:32 AM

When does every one begin thier hunting season?

hokies09 09-22-2010 11:55 AM

North Carolinas began Sept. 11. Havent been able to get in the woods but 2 days. Its been abnormally hot, so the deer arent moving too much yet. Ill be in the woods Fri., Sat. and Sun. this weekend. A cold front is moving in Sat night so hopefully the deer will be moving at some point this weekend.

kswild 09-22-2010 01:05 PM

Checkin in
Live it up! Doug

kldad06 09-22-2010 02:08 PM

Well we open next friday. Can't wait.

*twodogs* 09-22-2010 02:55 PM

No experience with Avatars, so can't help there. I am open to whoever wants to be captain, is there any interest among us to be captain? I have satellite internet at home which is very slow so that rules me out unless no one else volunteers.

I am hanging a ladder stand for my father this weekend (first time he will be hunting in a stand) so I'll have that to work from as well as my climber since he only gun hunts. I had 5 bucks out in front of me end of season last year. One was 120 class but I have not seen him so far this year.

Any of you seen good prospects on the areas you plan to hunt?

mfd1027 09-22-2010 07:58 PM

I mainly hunt in Georgia and holdoff til late Oct. to hit the woods. Stands are hung, food plots will be done in the next few wks. (moisture) then it's just a matter of waiting til the time is rt. I've got a short hunt planned in Ky. for the last wk. of Oct. so I probably won't hit my lease in Ga. til Nov. 1. I live in Miami and work as a catastrophe adjuster (retired from the Miami Fire Dept.) so I've got to keep my schedule open til hurricane season starts to wind down which is usually early Nov. We've got something working in the Caribbean now and I hope it doesn't mess up my plans. I own a tracking dog and before I got into the catastrophe thing I guided/tracked in Illinois for a couple of different outfitters. If we don't get called out for a hurricane I will be in Ga. for at least 6 wks.

Dan

kldad06 09-23-2010 03:26 AM

I am the baseball coach and teach 7th grade math. Normally I get to hunt quite a bit, but this year my son is playing soccer, so it will be November before I really get to hunt a lot. But my best buck to date was taken in Dec. So I am in no hurry. It is hot. By the way I also have no idea how to make an avatar. I tried but that is about as far as it got. Anyone with a suggestion on a team name?

pheasantfanatic 09-23-2010 07:28 AM

I'm willing to be the captain if no one else wants to be. Our season started Sep. 20th, but I will not be able to hunt much til probably around the first of December due to college...it's a drag, lol. I'll be thinking on some names as well

kldad06 09-23-2010 07:45 AM

Sounds to me like you are our elected team captain. Congrats. And was thinking of team names. Their were several on the web. team animal control, buck shot, wall hangers, rack recon. I don't know their were several. Just some ideas.

*twodogs* 09-23-2010 09:08 AM

Firemedic_79 last logged in to Huntingnet.com on 8/22/2010, the date which he placed himself on the alternate list.

Joshhuff was on three days ago.

How long do you guys want to give them until we ask for alternates? Two weeks from the date the team thread started is my suggestion. My thought behind two weeks - if you are not on here at minimum once every 2 weeks then most likely you will not record a deer in the score card thread should you knock one down.

kldad06 09-23-2010 09:21 AM

That sounds great to me. I am all for 2 weeks.

mfd1027 09-23-2010 12:02 PM

I get really involved in the turkey contest and I can tell you it's a lot more fun if everybody stays in touch. It doesn't matter if you shoot one or not we all like to read about what your seeing, strategy, doe's or whatever else you shoot. This is a team.

We're kind of late in getting going here and 2 wks. will put us into Oct. There's a lot of season's in the Midwest that start around Oct. 1 so I think we need to have our team set by then. I say give the late guys til next Wed. and then move on. PF is fine with me as our Capt. Maybe wait til Wed. to decide in case somebody else would like a shot at it but the sooner we decide the better.

Dan

*twodogs* 09-23-2010 12:50 PM

So I asked the kids what a good name would be and my 16yo daughter says.."well if you are going to slaughter deer from trees, why don't you call yourself - Tree Stand Slaughter House". Kinda long for a name but I thought it was funny, should of seen the expression on her face "competition to see who kills the most deer"..

pheasantfanatic 09-23-2010 05:12 PM

Haha, that name sounds good to me. And thanks for the commendation for captain.

Like someone said before, it makes it alot more fun if everyone can get to know each other and we can have fun on here other than just reporting kills. We need to have fun and talk. Hopefully we can make a shot for the win this year :)

kldad06 09-23-2010 05:59 PM

What does everyone do for a living? I am a school teacher and baseball coach.

*twodogs* 09-23-2010 07:08 PM

My name is James, I have two step kids 17 & 16 and a two year old, plus two dogs. I am a health care administrator for a local hospital in Upstate New York. Like to hunt, fish, ice fish and hang wih the family.

I have about 400 acres of farm land in my area to hunt although a large portion is cultivated. I donate at least one deer a year to the venison coallition which directs it to local food banks.

I almost exclusively bow hunt now.

mfd1027 09-23-2010 07:45 PM

I retired from the Miami Fire Dept. but do work as a Catastrophe Adjuster and mostly work hurricanes. I also have a turkey call business and make custom mouth calls. Hurricane work is very sporadic so during the fall and spring I'm hunting or finding dead deer with my dog and the rest of the year I'm out in the boat fishing. Life is good! lol

Dan

pheasantfanatic 09-23-2010 10:04 PM

I'm Lucan, 21, and currently going to college, studying Horse Production. I love to hunt about anything, but when I started bowhunting, it quickly became my favorite. I'm engaged to be married this coming summer, so I have a lot to do this winter, but will definitely find time to hunt over Christmas break, lol. Looks like we have a good bunch of guys here, so let's get out and start putting some points on the board :D

*twodogs* 09-24-2010 02:09 AM

Need more name suggestions on the board.

hokies09 09-24-2010 06:35 AM

My name is Gil, I am currently pursueing a masters degree in Ag Engineering at NCSU. I have permission to hunt about 1000 acres in the Piedmont of NC. I have only been bow hunting for 3 years, so I am still kind of new to it and still have alot to learn.

clos21 09-24-2010 12:26 PM

twodogs where in Upstate NY im from Utica NY now living in Mi

clos21 09-24-2010 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by *twodogs* (Post 3688258)
So I asked the kids what a good name would be and my 16yo daughter says.."well if you are going to slaughter deer from trees, why don't you call yourself - Tree Stand Slaughter House". Kinda long for a name but I thought it was funny, should of seen the expression on her face "competition to see who kills the most deer"..

Love the name and tell your daughter TY because us old men would have never thought of such a fitting team name

*twodogs* 09-24-2010 01:06 PM

I am right outside of Syracuse, in a town called Baldwinsville. Grew up here then went to college at University of Texas, spent 20 years in the Dallas/Fort Worth TX area before realizing how much I missed the seasons and all that comes with them. Been back for six years now and really enjoy it.

Joshhuff99 09-25-2010 08:43 PM

checking in and ready to go. Sorry it took me so long

kldad06 09-26-2010 04:31 AM

only one left to check in

Joshhuff99 09-26-2010 07:15 AM

What's happening guys. My name is josh and i'm from central Louisiana. But i do most of my bow hunting in southern mississippi. Season opens here next friday but i've got a class i've got to go to so i'm going to try and take off a day or 2 the week after to hunt a little bit. Might head over to the camp after church today to check some camera's. Hopefully there will be some good ones

mfd1027 09-26-2010 10:32 AM

Good deal. One more to go. Post some trailcam pic's if you get some goot shots Josh.

Dan

kldad06 09-26-2010 05:51 PM

Went out today to check straps and make sure everything is ready. Saw a few does and a spike. It is going to be a long week!!!

pheasantfanatic 09-26-2010 08:31 PM

It's gonna be a long wait for me too...I'm dying to go hunting and I can't!!

*twodogs* 09-27-2010 06:06 AM

Father ladder stand is up and we are both covered with skeeter bite - wow were they bad. While we were entering the woods, saw two really nice bucks, could not get the binos up quick enough before they waved at us. Since my father only gun hunts, I'll have access to his stand throughout bow season.

Our Northern zone season opens today, you can hunt on last years tag until October 1. May take a trip up there this weekend but my hunting really begins October 14.

Have we decided on a captain?

KSwild - you hit and run. I see you posting all over the forums, how about telling us a little about you? I'd like to know what bows our team members will be using this year. I'll start - refer to my signature.