Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest
Team 22 "Tree Stand Slaughter House" >

Team 22 "Tree Stand Slaughter House"

Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 22 "Tree Stand Slaughter House"

Old 10-01-2010, 09:05 AM
Typical Buck

Good luck!! kldad06.

Dan
Old 10-01-2010, 09:14 AM
Fork Horn

hopefully i can get in a evening hunt today if i can get out of a couple things that i gotta do. if not i might be able to sneak in a hunt sunday. the 16th is one of my days off so i will be in a stand if the wind is right hopefully my little honey hole i had a 185/190 inch buck come into 40 yards during the rut last year we got pics of the 190 this year and a lot of 140/145 inch 8 pointers i will settle for any of those deer.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:27 AM
Fork Horn

Sean - I'll be happy to drive down and sit in that honey hole to make sure you don't miss that 180-190 class buck, just shoot me a PM.....all kidding aside, good luck to you guys that are out hunting this weekend.

Couple more weeks for me ...10/16.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:05 AM
Fork Horn

By the way has anyone ever seen that diamond dave guy on springer. I am pretty sure that this guy is no joke. I am pretty sure you can see it on you tube. But anyways that is where the signature came from. If you are needing a laugh, you have to look this guy up. Diamond Dave Ninja School. It is absolutely hillarious.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

Going to be a long post here guys.

Bunch of new posted signs went up last week all around me on a old farm I have hunted in the past (1,100 acres). Last year a different 800 acre farm I have hunted most of my life, the farmer decides he wants no one hunting it since a guy decided to sell goose hunts without telling the farmer.

So tonight I go visit the homeowner who struck a lease deal with this other farmer (the one with all the posted signs). Turns out he has 12 guys on roughly 150-200 acres of hardwood, fixed stands all over the place. He asked me if I wanted to join the lease -I said no. With all those stands and hunting pressure, I'd be surprised if anyone bags a decent buck off that land now. I'm more about passing the 2.5-3.5 year olds, all I heard tonight was deer drive...deer drive...deer drive. No offense to those that hunt this way, I just don't care much for deer drives since I bow hunt almost exclusively now.

Seems like as property taxes continue to rise all around my area, farmers are being forced into selling their hunting rights to the highest bidder. Funny thing is, after talking to the guy who leased the property, I stopped by the farm. The farmer was nice about it, but said exactly what I was thinking "Every year it gets harder to turn money out of the dirt. I don't want money like this but every little bit is key to survival"

The good thing is I still have my 30 acre honey hole which borders these two farms. Since I am the only one who can hunt this parcel, I am hoping this new hunt club drives the deer my way. The guy heading up this new club knows this because he asked me to get this 30 acres in his club in exchange for membership into the deer drivers bonanza.

Last edited by *twodogs*; 10-02-2010 at 03:30 AM.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by *twodogs*
Going to be a long post here guys.

Bunch of new posted signs went up last week all around me on a old farm I have hunted in the past. Last year a different 800 acre farm I have hunted most of my life, the farmer decides he wants no one hunting it since a guy decided to sell goose hunts without telling the farmer.

So tonight I go visit the homeowner who struck a lease deal with this other farmer (the one with all the posted signs). Turns out he has 12 guys on roughly 130 acres of hardwood, fixed stands all over the place. He asked me if I wanted to join the lease -I said no. With all those stands and hunting pressure, I'd be surprised if anyone bags a decent buck off that land. I'm more about passing the 2.5-3.5 year olds, all I heard tonight was deer drive...deer drive...deer drive. No offense to those that hunt this way, I just don't care much for deer drives since I bow hunt almost exclusively now.

Seems like as property taxes continue to rise all around my area, farmers are being forced into selling their hunting rights to the highest bidder. Funny thing is, after talking to the guy who leased the property, I stopped by the farm. Bob (farmer) was nice about it, but said exactly what I was thinking "James, every year it gets harder and harder to turn money out of the dirt. I hate having to get money like this but every little bit is key to survival"

The good thing is I still have my 30 acre honey hole which borders these two farms. Since I am the only one who can hunt this parcel I am hoping this new hunt club drives the deer my way. The guys heading up this new club knows this because he asked me to get this 30 acres in his club in exchange for membership into the deer drivers bonanza.
You sound like you're in the same boat as I am. I just found out that all of the land that I have hunted for years has been leased to out of state hunters...and the landowner(that I have grown up with his kids and have always asked permission to hunt every year) didn't even tell me...now I'm forced to drive an hour to my family's lease(we leased it simply because landowner offered it to us because out of state guys wanted to lease it, and he wanted us to have a chance at it first)to hunt. It's really good land, but since I'm in college, I really liked having the land to hunt that was only a mile from my house....oh well, at least I still have land to hunt...
Old 10-03-2010, 03:52 AM
Typical Buck

Damn! Finding out about new posted signs and new leases in Oct. - Sucks!!!!! Leasing is the trend all across the country with farmers struggling to keep their land. I've leased for yrs. in Ga. so i'm one of those sorry assed out of state guys. I've never leased a private farm. It's always been timber company land.

Did anybody get to hunt this wk. end??

Dan
Old 10-03-2010, 02:23 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by kldad06
By the way has anyone ever seen that diamond dave guy on springer. I am pretty sure that this guy is no joke. I am pretty sure you can see it on you tube. But anyways that is where the signature came from. If you are needing a laugh, you have to look this guy up. Diamond Dave Ninja School. It is absolutely hillarious.
Well guys been in the stand for one hour and 18 minutes as of right looking over a creek bed with about a 2 mph sse wind about 100 yards from where I seen the 190 last year so far I have seen 5 bugs and 1 tree rat so hopefully something will start moving before to long wish my luck oh and I seen that one of jerry that was funny as hell
Old 10-03-2010, 07:56 PM
Fork Horn

well didn't see anything not even a doe this evening but its still a little warm but i will be at it again Wednesday evening and thursday morning and evening and maybe see something with a little bone on its head. i could however see my breath in my light walking back to the truck tonight so that's promising now if we could bump about 40 more degrees off the thermostat we will be good if i can get a north north east wind i can get into a spot that we have had a stand in and corn at for 2 years but has only been hunted 2 times in those 2 years it looks promising last time i put corn out had what looked like a dang ole cattle trail going 20 yards by the stand. anybody else get out?
Old 10-03-2010, 10:39 PM
Super Moderator

Hi Team 22,
Your alternate will be okieshooter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.