Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest
Team 22 "Tree Stand Slaughter House" >

Team 22 "Tree Stand Slaughter House"

Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 22 "Tree Stand Slaughter House"

Old 09-23-2010, 09:21 AM
Fork Horn

That sounds great to me. I am all for 2 weeks.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:02 PM
Typical Buck

I get really involved in the turkey contest and I can tell you it's a lot more fun if everybody stays in touch. It doesn't matter if you shoot one or not we all like to read about what your seeing, strategy, doe's or whatever else you shoot. This is a team.

We're kind of late in getting going here and 2 wks. will put us into Oct. There's a lot of season's in the Midwest that start around Oct. 1 so I think we need to have our team set by then. I say give the late guys til next Wed. and then move on. PF is fine with me as our Capt. Maybe wait til Wed. to decide in case somebody else would like a shot at it but the sooner we decide the better.

Dan
Old 09-23-2010, 12:50 PM
Fork Horn

So I asked the kids what a good name would be and my 16yo daughter says.."well if you are going to slaughter deer from trees, why don't you call yourself - Tree Stand Slaughter House". Kinda long for a name but I thought it was funny, should of seen the expression on her face "competition to see who kills the most deer"..
Old 09-23-2010, 05:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Haha, that name sounds good to me. And thanks for the commendation for captain.

Like someone said before, it makes it alot more fun if everyone can get to know each other and we can have fun on here other than just reporting kills. We need to have fun and talk. Hopefully we can make a shot for the win this year
Old 09-23-2010, 05:59 PM
Fork Horn

What does everyone do for a living? I am a school teacher and baseball coach.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:08 PM
Fork Horn

My name is James, I have two step kids 17 & 16 and a two year old, plus two dogs. I am a health care administrator for a local hospital in Upstate New York. Like to hunt, fish, ice fish and hang wih the family.

I have about 400 acres of farm land in my area to hunt although a large portion is cultivated. I donate at least one deer a year to the venison coallition which directs it to local food banks.

I almost exclusively bow hunt now.

Last edited by *twodogs*; 09-23-2010 at 07:13 PM.
Old 09-23-2010, 07:45 PM
Typical Buck

I retired from the Miami Fire Dept. but do work as a Catastrophe Adjuster and mostly work hurricanes. I also have a turkey call business and make custom mouth calls. Hurricane work is very sporadic so during the fall and spring I'm hunting or finding dead deer with my dog and the rest of the year I'm out in the boat fishing. Life is good! lol

Dan
Old 09-23-2010, 10:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm Lucan, 21, and currently going to college, studying Horse Production. I love to hunt about anything, but when I started bowhunting, it quickly became my favorite. I'm engaged to be married this coming summer, so I have a lot to do this winter, but will definitely find time to hunt over Christmas break, lol. Looks like we have a good bunch of guys here, so let's get out and start putting some points on the board
Old 09-24-2010, 02:09 AM
Fork Horn

Need more name suggestions on the board.
Old 09-24-2010, 06:35 AM
Spike

My name is Gil, I am currently pursueing a masters degree in Ag Engineering at NCSU. I have permission to hunt about 1000 acres in the Piedmont of NC. I have only been bow hunting for 3 years, so I am still kind of new to it and still have alot to learn.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.