Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest
Team 22 "Tree Stand Slaughter House" >

Team 22 "Tree Stand Slaughter House"

2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 22 "Tree Stand Slaughter House"

Old 09-22-2010, 09:32 AM
Fork Horn

When does every one begin thier hunting season?
Old 09-22-2010, 11:55 AM
Spike

North Carolinas began Sept. 11. Havent been able to get in the woods but 2 days. Its been abnormally hot, so the deer arent moving too much yet. Ill be in the woods Fri., Sat. and Sun. this weekend. A cold front is moving in Sat night so hopefully the deer will be moving at some point this weekend.
Old 09-22-2010, 01:05 PM
Typical Buck

Checkin in
Live it up! Doug
Old 09-22-2010, 02:08 PM
Fork Horn

Well we open next friday. Can't wait.
Old 09-22-2010, 02:55 PM
Fork Horn

No experience with Avatars, so can't help there. I am open to whoever wants to be captain, is there any interest among us to be captain? I have satellite internet at home which is very slow so that rules me out unless no one else volunteers.

I am hanging a ladder stand for my father this weekend (first time he will be hunting in a stand) so I'll have that to work from as well as my climber since he only gun hunts. I had 5 bucks out in front of me end of season last year. One was 120 class but I have not seen him so far this year.

Any of you seen good prospects on the areas you plan to hunt?

Last edited by *twodogs*; 09-22-2010 at 02:59 PM.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:58 PM
Typical Buck

I mainly hunt in Georgia and holdoff til late Oct. to hit the woods. Stands are hung, food plots will be done in the next few wks. (moisture) then it's just a matter of waiting til the time is rt. I've got a short hunt planned in Ky. for the last wk. of Oct. so I probably won't hit my lease in Ga. til Nov. 1. I live in Miami and work as a catastrophe adjuster (retired from the Miami Fire Dept.) so I've got to keep my schedule open til hurricane season starts to wind down which is usually early Nov. We've got something working in the Caribbean now and I hope it doesn't mess up my plans. I own a tracking dog and before I got into the catastrophe thing I guided/tracked in Illinois for a couple of different outfitters. If we don't get called out for a hurricane I will be in Ga. for at least 6 wks.

Dan
Old 09-23-2010, 03:26 AM
Fork Horn

I am the baseball coach and teach 7th grade math. Normally I get to hunt quite a bit, but this year my son is playing soccer, so it will be November before I really get to hunt a lot. But my best buck to date was taken in Dec. So I am in no hurry. It is hot. By the way I also have no idea how to make an avatar. I tried but that is about as far as it got. Anyone with a suggestion on a team name?
Old 09-23-2010, 07:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm willing to be the captain if no one else wants to be. Our season started Sep. 20th, but I will not be able to hunt much til probably around the first of December due to college...it's a drag, lol. I'll be thinking on some names as well
Old 09-23-2010, 07:45 AM
Fork Horn

Sounds to me like you are our elected team captain. Congrats. And was thinking of team names. Their were several on the web. team animal control, buck shot, wall hangers, rack recon. I don't know their were several. Just some ideas.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:08 AM
Fork Horn

Firemedic_79 last logged in to Huntingnet.com on 8/22/2010, the date which he placed himself on the alternate list.

Joshhuff was on three days ago.

How long do you guys want to give them until we ask for alternates? Two weeks from the date the team thread started is my suggestion. My thought behind two weeks - if you are not on here at minimum once every 2 weeks then most likely you will not record a deer in the score card thread should you knock one down.

Last edited by *twodogs*; 09-23-2010 at 10:52 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.