Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest
Team 22 "Tree Stand Slaughter House" >

Team 22 "Tree Stand Slaughter House"

Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 22 "Tree Stand Slaughter House"

Old 10-22-2010, 11:17 AM
Fork Horn

i couldn't get anyone to take a picture all of those were from my phone will they count?
Old 10-22-2010, 11:29 AM
Fork Horn

not sure. but either way you had fun with it and got your first bow kill. congrats again. i just got back from a fairly unsuccessful hunt. i did get to see a really cool fight between a spike and what appeared to be another small buck. it was right at dark and could get a good enough look. but going again this weekend to a different spot. it is opening of muzzle loader but all im takin is my bow.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:05 PM
Fork Horn

Congrats on the deer, especially since it is your first with a bow but the rules are pretty clear, hunter, deer and bow in the picture.

I could not find what you wrote, can you copy the link to that post so I can read it please.

Do you have another archery buck tag?

Last edited by *twodogs*; 10-23-2010 at 05:27 PM.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:24 PM
Fork Horn

On another note, my spots are turing up nothing, Friday evening saw nothing then all day hunt today yielded a small yearling. Deer have shut off, I suspect the rut is coming on. Will be on stand tomorrow as well.

Good luck to all.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:12 PM
Fork Horn

it was right at legal shooting light when I shot the buck and I would have swore that it was the big 8 or 9 that I have been trying to get I had never seen this buck before and when I seen antlers they looked a lot bigger Like I said I shouldn't have shot even though it was legal shooting light since it was still a little to dark plus with a plowed field that was black and yes that is my only buck tag but in january I should be headed down to MS to hunt the rut
Old 10-25-2010, 07:45 AM
Fork Horn

Update, I sat in stand for about 17 hours the last 2 days, only coming to the house to dry clothes on Saturday and to eat on Sunday. I saw 4 different bucks only 1 of which was a shooter. I had him in my sights but was in a little too much cover. I needed him to take one more step and he got skiddish. The other 3 will be really nice in a year, but just a little too small this early. I will be out probably the next couple of evenings, so will keep you updated.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

TTT!! This thread is dead guys!!
Old 10-27-2010, 02:23 PM
Fork Horn

sorry but not getting to get out to much here lately. It will be around mid november before I am back in the woods. My 4yr old soccer is over in a couple of weeks and then can hit the woods pretty hard. Good luck to the rest of you.
Old 11-01-2010, 06:13 AM
Fork Horn

This weeklend was a bust. Saw the same spike about three times, same one I saw opening day. Did not see one doe but the weather was rain and wind all weekend. Temps are dropping this week so hopefully things will improve. Trail cam shows the deer are here just does not seem to be too much activity during daylight hours yet.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:56 PM
Typical Buck

Back from KY. Didn't shoot one but had a ball. Passed on two 120 class 8's and saw quite a few other bucks and a ton of doe's. The weather got rough last Tue. as all of you midwestern guys know. Hope everybody got through that OK. I'll be back in Miami til Th. or Fri. and then I'm headed to my lease in Ga. for about a month. Sorry I couldn't check in earlier but no ph. service and absolutely no internet service.

Congrats Pearson- that's a really nice buck!!

Dan

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.