Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 26

Old 11-05-2010, 06:12 PM
Spike

I'm from IL!!! had a good 8 come in and run under my stand but couldn't get him to stop....going to a different peace of land for tomorrow mornings hunt then back to the spot were i saw the 8 for the evening.
Old 11-06-2010, 08:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

any1 else seein decent bucks? in the past week i have seen 3 shooters finally. 2 different 8's and a ten. almost shot the biggest one yesterday morning but he didnt giv me more than a second after i stopped him before trotting off at 30yards. will be goin out again this afternoon and tomorrow as well. the big ones are startin to move but im still not seein them chase
Old 11-06-2010, 03:40 PM
Spike

saw one for 20 seconds but would never come out of the woods...tried using different calls and all that kept coming back were the does....any body know how to get this buck to come out?
Old 11-07-2010, 07:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

take a climber and cut him off somewhere between where hes headin and where hes comin from
Old 11-13-2010, 10:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

shot a big 8 this morning at 7:30...didnt hit him all that well. got down at 10:30 and found blood after about 40 yards (pass thru). found good puddles where i last had sight of him about 60yds from the shot. followed the blood a lil ovr 200yds then lost it. found it again after about another 100. then decided i shud back out n giv him sum more time as far as he had made it. gonna go back out at 2 and hope to god i can find him. i have only seen this buck a total of 4 times this year, but 3 mornings in a row at 7:30. i decided to relocate with my climber to get to where i knew he'd be. hope i didnt blow this as he is an easy poper
Old 11-15-2010, 10:46 AM
Typical Buck

Good luck finding your deer, 870. That kind of situation can put you on pins and needles.

I had a nice 6 pointer come within 8 yards of my stand. I drew on him, but he was straight-on, so no shot, then he turned behind some branches and never got to get a good shot off at him.

I won't be able to get back out into the woods until the weekend after Thankssgiving, so I hope some others on our team can make their scores in the meantime!

Good luck everyone.
Old 11-24-2010, 07:33 PM
Spike

going out for a thanks giving morning hunt! hopefully i get some luck!