Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team #27 "Treetop Terrors"

Old 10-20-2010, 07:11 PM
Fork Horn

Finally got back into the woods this evening. I saw one deer @ 100 yards coming towards me. Lost it and then saw it again @ 60 yards and then lost it again....lol. Found a fresh scrape on the way out of the woods. It was close to where I was hunting a couple of weeks ago.
Old 10-21-2010, 04:53 AM
Typical Buck

Wounded Warrior coming in today. Will meet him Friday night after his first day of hunting. Weather looks rainy for much of his week but we have several Double Bulls and a hard-sided blind ready for him. I'll have the privilege to hunt with him Sat afternoon and maybe again Sunday aft.

Good luck all-
Old 10-21-2010, 05:25 AM
Typical Buck

I was able to go out yesterday afternoon but with the moon like it is we did not see a thing. I was like I walked out of the woods with a spot light over my head.

9 more days before I head to Illinois!
Old 10-21-2010, 10:56 AM
Fork Horn

wow. just checked the 10 day forecast - off next thurs till sun. thurs high of 36 and snow, fri sunny and 39, sat sunny and 41.

i am even getting more excited!!
good luck all.
Old 10-24-2010, 06:54 PM
Fork Horn

goskab21, christine says you forgot a measurement on your scorecard. Please see the scorecard thread. Thanks
Old 10-25-2010, 05:12 AM
Typical Buck

Wounded Warrior in camp and enjoying life. Hunting has been so slow, but camp life is great.

4 guys saw nothing Friday. 5 saw nothing Sat I hunted Sunday on my brother's place in Pike County and saw 7 does/fawns. Hopefully things will pick up for the WW. He is here through Thursday when we have a reception planned in his honor. It will be in Meredosia IL at 7:30ish.
Old 10-25-2010, 01:29 PM
Typical Buck

I did not get out any and probably won't until I get to Illinois on Sunday. It looks like a front will be going through the first part of the week. Looks like it could be good.

6 Days until I am in a tree in Illinois!
Old 10-26-2010, 08:10 PM
Fork Horn

I have 10 days before I get to be in my favorite spot in western KY. I haven't gotten to go much since the weather has gotten good for it.....lol. Bought a new truck today maybe I will be able to go some locally before I head out west. Good luck to you SC and everyone on the team.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

just checkin' in. My hunting has been slow. But finally got a doe to come within 30 yards and give me a shot. So now I can take a buck if one shows.
I plan on climbing a tree Friday. The weather is starting to cooperate and rumors of activity are flying.
Good luck all. Be safe, shoot straight.
Old 10-29-2010, 02:43 AM
Typical Buck

Well guys I leave in the morning for Fulton County Illinois! Good luck to everyone out this weekend and next week. I will keep you guys updated.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.