Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team #27 "Treetop Terrors"

Old 10-05-2010, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I can't seem to get any to give me a shot yet. I've seen deer each trip so far. Just the only ones in range are pre shooting hours.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:24 PM
Typical Buck

No bone on the ground but I got a nice doe last night. Man the Shwacker put a hurting on that doe. It was so gruesome I did not even want to take a picture.
Old 10-07-2010, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

Youth season is this weekend, don't know if I'm gonna hunt at all til next week.
Old 10-09-2010, 07:21 PM
Fork Horn

My brother saw a small buck chasing a doe yesterday. He was so tore up he couldn't pull his bow back the first time he tried. Then when he did get it back he forgot to use his peep and missed completely...lol. I loaned him my stand, told him where to set up. Now, looks like I'm gonna have to go kill em for him....lol.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:04 AM
Typical Buck

I spent the weekend with a friend that has a beautiful piece of property that holds some good bucks and it did not disappoint. On Saturday I saw the biggest buck I have ever seen from a stand. The only problem was he was around 115 yards away but man he was a brute. I tried the spot again but closer on Sunday evening and saw a little 8 but not the big boy. I wish I could have stayed and hunted today but unfortunately I have to work. Oh well, maybe he will let me come back and hunt with him after I get home from Illinois. Hope the rest of you had a good weekend!
Old 10-11-2010, 01:23 PM
Spike

hey guys just given you an update i bagged a decent eight this past weekend, little disappointed that it wasn't that ten I had on camera but nevertheless its my first buck!! I still got to measure/score the antlers then I'll get the picture up and post it. If I had to take a guess on the score probably 80-100.

Funny thing about this deer is my friend actually shot it 2 weeks ago but we never found blood or the arrow. The thing never showed up on any cameras so we all thought he was a goner, but he showed up for me and gave me a ten yd shot. It only ran 40 yds and when looking at it had we noticed it had a nice wound 1/2 inch under the spine from my buddy's shot.
Old 10-11-2010, 01:41 PM
Fork Horn

Awesome, that puts us on the board. This past weekend was youth season here in KY. and this coming weekend is the first muzzleloader season. It's been in the mid 80s for the past few days but is supposed to cool down on Wednesday. I'll be back at it then and possibly go tomorrow in the heat. Congrats on your buck goskab21. I hope your buddy lets you hunt his property again as well SC. Good luck to everyone.
Old 10-11-2010, 07:42 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats goskab21!

I am heading to Fulton County Illinois in a couple of weeks so I have some high hopes with that trip.
Old 10-12-2010, 05:19 AM
Fork Horn

congrats on the deer!

haven't been out much here - over 80 this past weekend and i don't get terribly excited about hunting in that heat. hopefully cools off soon.

good luck to the rest of us!
Old 10-14-2010, 04:33 AM
Fork Horn

Got any pics yet goskab21. I'd like to see a decent buck this year....lol. All I'm seein are dinks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.