Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 7 - The Blood Trail Posse

Old 10-28-2010, 07:55 PM
Typical Buck

I'm still around just been a little busy in the pro shop......I was able to kill a nice doe with the Axe 6 last Friday.......
Old 10-31-2010, 01:06 AM
Fork Horn

Still alive and hunting hard..........heading out for a morning hunt.

Be safe guys!!!
Dave
Old 10-31-2010, 04:38 PM
Fork Horn

Tagged a 8 point tonight, Few quick pictures. Be back later with story. Pictures sorta stink camera was freaking out, will take better pictures tomm. I know crappy pics. Will set the Buck up right with better camera, was in a hurry to get my two teenage boys to a party).

Dave

Last edited by SouthernMDArcherer; 10-31-2010 at 06:03 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:20 AM
Typical Buck

Thumbs up Alright Alright!

Originally Posted by SouthernMDArcherer
Tagged a 8 point tonight, Few quick pictures. Be back later with story. Pictures sorta stink camera was freaking out, will take better pictures tomm. I know crappy pics. Will set the Buck up right with better camera, was in a hurry to get my two teenage boys to a party).

Dave
WTG MDArcher! Nice looking buck .

BTW, I've been out a few times myself and managed to drop a doe last night. I also spooked a nice looking 8 point (with a pure white rack) yesterday as I was walking in to my stand. I know what I'll be hunting over the few weeks
Old 11-02-2010, 04:49 AM
Fork Horn

great job dave!!!!! it is finally getting colder up here,looks like the bucks are starting to get frisky.good luck to the rest of the team.
Old 11-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Typical Buck

Alright guys, I'm going out tomorrow for my first all-day sit of the season. It'll be 27 degrees tomorrow morning at sunrise with a Northwest wind so it should be a good one! Wish me luck!
Old 11-05-2010, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MO-KS_hunter
Alright guys, I'm going out tomorrow for my first all-day sit of the season. It'll be 27 degrees tomorrow morning at sunrise with a Northwest wind so it should be a good one! Wish me luck!
Good luck! Bag a big one!
Old 11-05-2010, 05:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by SouthernMDArcherer

Dave
Way to go, that's a nice buck!
Old 11-06-2010, 03:15 PM
Typical Buck

Well the morning portion of the hunt was pretty eventful, had a forkhorn walk 10 yards from my stand and had 4 does come by a little later. About 3:00 PM I heard a sound and low and behold a couple of kids had jumped over onto the property I was hunting and started throwing logs into the creek I was hunting over and making all kinds of racket including running through a major bedding area I was hunting near. I was just about to go scare the crap out of them (by sneaking up on them in my gillie suit) but I figured it wouldn't be a good idea. The landowner isn't home today and I didn't want to start anything with the neighbors. I'll be going back out tomorrow morning......
Old 11-12-2010, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wednesday morning at 11:30 I was hunting some public land and had an 8pointer come in about 30 yards out of range. Thursday morning I set up on the same trail but about 400 yards away and at 9:00 the same buck showed up but this time he gave me a shot. The buck was looking at me when he stepped into my shooting lane so I decided not to make any sound to stop him, that was probably a mistake because I hit him in the guts. I let him go until noon and then we started tracking. We jumped the buck once but he wasn't going too fast so we new he was in rough shape. We found the blood again and we tracked him another 50 yards when he got up about 20 yards away from us so my buddy ran over to him and grabbed him by the antlers and held him so I could put another arrow through the lungs. It was quite a sight but it did the job. I wouldn't recommend trying that by the way. My buddy had all he could do to hold him.
I will get a score of the rack shortly. The two busted off points are not going to help any.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.