Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team #18

Old 08-25-2010, 05:25 PM
Fork Horn

not to bad 9 outa 10 so far.That sould be enough to get things started. any team names to throw out?
Old 08-25-2010, 08:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am not sure on any team names? We also need to decide on a captain?? I myself am not interested in it this year, but the first person that says "Hey I am up to it" gets my vote!!
Old 08-26-2010, 06:06 AM
Spike

txbowhunter54321 checking in.

I will be hunting Texas Panhandle.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by StormDogOutdoors
Anybody seeing any good bucks?

Storm, I usually hunt with very little scouting. My properties are too far of a drive to scout much.
I run some cams at one farm, and had some nice bucks still around at the end of the season last year. Hopefully they're still around.
Last year, the corn was up VERY late in Illinois, and I would bet alot of the bruisers were hanging in there during a large part of the season.
I'm hoping there's gonna be some giants running around this year!!
Old 08-30-2010, 07:09 AM
Fork Horn

Seems like a serious lack of interest.

I got pinched for two trail cameras last week.

That was pretty interesting.
Old 08-30-2010, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah not much going on here!

Speaking of Trail Cameras, I am waiting on another one to be returned from Cabelas to me! They recieved my broken one last Wednesday morning and they have YET to even process it!!! I am getting very impatient and frustrated with them!
Old 08-30-2010, 07:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I put a cam out a week ago Saturday. I checked it on Saturday and all I got was a wierd little spike and a bunch of does. I know there are some nicer deer running around at a couple of other spots I hunt, and I have a shot at hunting some Navy property that they are just opening to a lottery system this year. Last year a "pilot" program was conducted... Read: the Captain's buddies had first crack at it. There are some Bruisers running around that property.
Old 08-31-2010, 04:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think we have the making of a great team here guys. Lots of big buck locations, and not a lot of newbies that will disappear after the first week.
Whose season opens first?
I may get out for Wisconsin's opener on the 18th of Sept!
Illinois is Oct.1.

I've been trying to think of a name, but it seems they've all been taken over the years. We need something different!
Old 08-31-2010, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sep 15th opener here, both in RI and CT. The Navy property will open on Oct 1 even though it is in RI. They have to be special. If I get drawn, it might not be for the first season though. They are breaking it up into 2 week seasons that run thru the end of Jan. Anybody want have any team names? Its hard coming up with something original, you always see the same names... whitail asassains, Death from above, etc etc. How about something like The Rattlers?
Old 09-01-2010, 05:34 AM
Spike

our season doesnt open until october 2nd. I just got 3 cameras put out better late than never. hope to see some good pics on saturday.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.