2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 9 - Team Buckaneers

Old 11-04-2010, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by sr77
Great Job..... Congrats
Way to go and more points for our team
Old 11-06-2010, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tonight around 6:00 PM, had 3 does come out of the bedding area, cross the creek and go onto the neighbors' property. Right after them, a buck crossed the fence from the neighbors' and start down the trail towards me. He stopped at 30 yards out while still in the timber and made a scrape. Then he closed the distance to the shooting lane. At 25 feet out he stopped and raised his head to lick a branch. Our eyes locked onto each other and he stomped. I released at about the same time his hoof hit the ground. The arrow entered right behind the shoulder blade on a 40 - 45 degree downward angle. He turned and ran with the arrow still sticking out of him. He disappeared into the woods 50 yards south of me. After 15 minutes of shaking, I got out of the tree and returned home. I spoke with some of my homies and decided to wait until morning to go after him. Praying the Good Lord sees fit to allow me to recover in the AM. Now all I have to do is try and get some sleep (yeah, right).
Old 11-07-2010, 10:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

i went out last wednesday after school and got to the blind around 3:30. i didn't see much besides a couple does and a few fawns. Thursday i went out afterschool again and when i got to the stand i forgot my key to the lock on the stand so i couldn't sit. so i decided just to sit on the ground by the tree. well around 4:30 a big ole 10 pointer come strolling in from on top the hill. he heading down towards me and at about 30 yards he turned and walked right through the thick stuff and never came back out. if i would've been in the stand i could've been above the thicket and gotten a shot at him. thats just my luck to have that happen. friday morning was really slow. i only seen one doe and nothing was moving. so i hung some more stands for late season. hoepfully i'll have better luck this coming weekend
Old 11-07-2010, 03:45 PM
Fork Horn

im still around no luck while out hunting yet but have been trying everychance i can
Old 11-08-2010, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well AF you have any luck finding that buck?
Old 11-10-2010, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

AF Hunter;
Were you able to recover your deer ?
Old 11-12-2010, 04:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

AF did you find your buck?? i'm heading out this weekend to 300 acres that my cousin and i manage. there are some absolute monster on the property. so hopefully one of them walk under the stand either tomorrow or sunday. wish me luck
Old 11-13-2010, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by wis_rifle_hunter
AF did you find your buck?? i'm heading out this weekend to 300 acres that my cousin and i manage. there are some absolute monster on the property. so hopefully one of them walk under the stand either tomorrow or sunday. wish me luck
GOOD LUCK
Old 11-14-2010, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

hope you knocked a big boy down wis rifle hunter! Archery season ended here yesterday in PA, so im done with the bow for a while until after christmas. hopefully i can get the job done on a nice buck then, had a few opportunities so far but didnt have them work out how i wanted. good luck to everyone!
Old 11-18-2010, 04:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

well i didn't get a shot at a buck. it was a crappy weekend, it rained most the time and it was cold and extremely windy. nothing was moving at all. my cousin did end up shooting a 4 1/2 year old spike buck. each spike was probably 12 inches long. bow season closes here until november 29th due to gun season this weekend and week. i'll be right back out trying to stick a hog

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.