2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 9 - Team Buckaneers

Old 10-10-2010, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

got out friday out here in central pa and only saw 4 does. sat in a new spot hoping to have a lot of action but it wasnt all too good. i really wanna get back to eastern pa again which i will be doing saturday so hopefully i can get on one of the big bucks im after. good luck everyone
Old 10-11-2010, 11:22 AM
Fork Horn

Great job Lady A. Hopefully the nice buck will walk your way soon. Things have been slow here. Been in the 90's so very little movement. With the cold front coming through later this week I hope more deer will be on their feet during hunting hours.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:36 AM
Fork Horn

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am off to Illinois tomorrow for a four day hunt. The weather looks to be pretty good with a front moving in so I am hoping for a mature buck to be up on it's feet during prime time. Good luck to everyone this weekend.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

good luck to you densfbs!! hopefully you have a great trip and bring back a nice set of horns with you! good luck to everyone else as well, hopefully we can get on the board here soon
Old 10-14-2010, 05:54 PM
Fork Horn

Good luck to you in Illinois. I will be up there in a few weeks. Heading to Arkansas next week to hunt my family farm. Did not think I was going to be able to make it this fall but now it looks like I am. I like it when a plan starts to come together. Wish it was a little cooler there this next week and I totally forgot about muzzleloader season in full effect but I am going to make the best out of it. Don't get to go back as often as I would like.
Old 10-16-2010, 05:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well... I am up to 6 deer so far
Since I am very tired here is the condensed verson.

I got out yesterday morning on the Park Property Herd Reduction Bowhunt... so Does are a goal including doe fawns... our target # of deer they want removed from the park is 75 deer.
Earlyier a small 6 pointer come under me and then this doe fawn came in with her brother do she was the target.
I then returned to the park this morning and had this doe with twins come in so I shot the Doe and then her doe fawn then relized I was now out of tags so I got out of the tree at 8:12 am ... since I didnt want a shooter buck coming in on me and then not be able to shoot him since I was out of tags.
Believe me there is no bragging on my shot placement on the last 2 deer, while yes they didnt go far before dieing but I didnt hit either one where I was aiming, cant explain why?????.... On the doe the hole looks good ... but....it is the exit hole in the pic.
Had to come home and buy new tags so no eveing hunt for me... it was a bit warm though anyway.
Gonna get out in the morning to buck hunt.
Good Luck Everyone
Attached Thumbnails Team 9 - Team Buckaneers-deb-4th-doe-2010-resized.jpg   Team 9 - Team Buckaneers-deb-5-6-does-2010-resized-1.jpg  
Old 10-16-2010, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

congrats once again lady! your really puttin the hammer down on them. i was out this morning for a few hours back in eastern pa, passed up a young 8 pointer and a small 4 point. just waiting for the big boys to come along
Old 10-18-2010, 01:18 PM
Fork Horn

Hello all, it seems that nobody has posted in a couple of days. Hope everyones season is going well. Have not accomplished too much myself as of yet but going to Arkansas this week for a few days and then the midwest in a couiple of weeks. Now its prime time.
Old 10-18-2010, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

dang lady!! your knocking them over like crazy this year. i have yet to see a mature buck on stand. been seeing alot of does and some smaller bucks
Old 10-19-2010, 07:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

This morning HNI Christine and I headed over to the park to bowhunt on the herd reduction.
Christine headed to one part of the park while I headed to another part of the park.
We were both hoping to connect on a good buck... but neither of of completed the task.
Instead we both at roughly the same between 7:15am and 7:20am took these deer.
So I am now at 7 deer and gonna have to lay off the deer for a while ... unless its a good buck.. then I'm letting one fly!
Christine took a real nice doe right through the top of the heart
and my deer was supposed to be a doe but somehow it became a button....
Attached Thumbnails Team 9 - Team Buckaneers-deb-deer-7-chris-deer-2010-resized.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.