Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 11 Natural Bone Killers!

Old 11-11-2010, 07:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like it's getting good out there - I'm out of here tonight to bowhunt Friday and then pull out the rifle for a 4-day hunt.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:23 AM
Fork Horn

Just saw a absolute pig about an hr ago... Never gave me a shot. That's how it's looking this year, Dinks presenting shots everywhere, and can't put it together on a good one....frustrating
Old 11-17-2010, 07:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Didn't see a single deer with bow in hand on Friday, but shot a nice 9 pointer on Opening Day of rifle season Sat. I'll try to get pics up later.
Old 11-19-2010, 09:13 AM
Typical Buck

HI GUYS i'm a friend of Andy's we were teammates a few years ago here then he came up to fish with me in the great north. I'm not in contest this year as i won't be hunting WT. hunted caribou back in sept ...no luck. i will be watching your progress and cheering you on
nice buck lc.
Andy- rudy is having great year, good you are getting lots of field time .
you probably know better than I ( as you have alot more time with dog tracking than i) but i recall when i trained with John in NY he was saying some times you just have to trust the dog. they can air scent at times rather than ground scent.

keep up the good work guys should be time down there for more deer to be hitting the ground be safe out there
-Pat
Old 11-20-2010, 04:02 PM
Typical Buck

I've been seeing just a few small bucks lately. I've been hesitating on does, hoping something nice would show up. Unfortunately for this doe, she showed up just about the time I was ready to quit this morning. Double lung, she folded up just 20 yds from my stand.

-fsh

Old 11-23-2010, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nice doe Andy! I'll be out a few times this week with the bow before rifle starts... This will most likely be it for me and the bow this year.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Finally getting a pic up of the buck I got during rifle season. Unfortunately I did not get any good pics as he was a tough drag at night.
Old 11-24-2010, 06:51 AM
Fork Horn

well I ended up passing 11 bucks with the bow. I am done with the bow for a few weeks and am headed to my parents house in N.E.P.A. I will be up hunting the first 3 days of rifle season on the family farm then headed back to MD and be out a few times for shotgun. Good luck to everyone
Old 11-24-2010, 08:32 AM
Typical Buck

I blew a chance at a nice 20" 8 ptr yesterday afternoon while sitting in a funnel that I've had action in over the years. Rain started, and I started to fix an umbrella to my tree. I heard noise and froze as I watched the shooter buck approach to 25 yds. He didn't make me, but he sure knew something wasn't right. Although he didn't leave in a panic, I know I'll never see him again...

On the brighter side, Ruby and I tracked a nice 8 pt buck for a friend yesterday morning that otherwise would have never been recovered. We found the buck burrowed into a thicket of deadfall pines. My friend stood just 20 feet away and could not see the buck - I told him Ruby was chewing on his buck, and my friend kept saying, "you're kidding me, you're kidding me", lol. Neither of us could imaging how the buck got that deep in there, we had to break 2" branches to get him out.

-----------------
I'll still be bowhunting while the men of iron drive the remaining bucks into their foxholes.

-fsh
Old 11-25-2010, 10:05 PM
Typical Buck

Well expected to see an addition to the score today. everyone must have spent the day with their family.....well except me 800 miles north of home on the north coast of Alaska @ work. Family had pre dinner entertainment.

three little bulls showing off in my driveway. where were they 2 months ago. at least one was legal last fall. had bear tracks in yard yesterday. GOOD LUCK GUYS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.