Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 11 Natural Bone Killers!

Old 11-01-2010, 06:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys, the buck I dropped yesterday morning turned out to be a LOT smaller than I thought he was. I've never been a trophy hunter and I'm thrilled to have taken my second buck with a bow, but this bucks body was so small that it made his rack look decent from 20 feet up. 77 2/8" for the team. Sorry it wasn't more.
Attached Thumbnails Team 11 Natural Bone Killers!-10.31.2010b.jpg  
Old 11-01-2010, 06:44 PM
Typical Buck

No need to apologize LC! congrats on the buck and getting us started.

Sat morning, I had a buck with some nice bone pass 15 yds away headed towards his bedding area, but 5 min before legal shooting time. There wasn't enough light to shoot even at legal time. I sat there in the afternoon, and a big shooter 8 came by and pushed 5 does and fawns, but never presented a clear shot.

Ruby is keeping me busy - found a gut-shot doe Sunday, and lost a gut-shot(?) buck tonight for other hunters...

-fsh
Old 11-02-2010, 05:28 AM
Typical Buck

Awesome buck. Way to go!
Old 11-03-2010, 03:47 AM
Fork Horn

Way to go littlechief! nothing wrong with him! Hopefully we start to get this thing rolling now
Old 11-03-2010, 05:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great buck LC! No need to apologize! Way to get us on the board!!!

I went out last night had a buck chasing a doe in the thickets behind me but he never appeared. It's getting good out there! I'm headed down to Andy's on Friday for a hunt then I'll try to be in the tree all day sat and sunday. I'm gonna get a lot of stand time in the next two weeks! Exciting!

I updated our total score on the first page so you guys can keep track...

Last edited by HuntingEd; 11-03-2010 at 06:06 AM.
Old 11-04-2010, 03:16 AM
Fork Horn

Almost happened last night.....Had a decent PL buck come in yesterday and just couldnt get a shot off and then he winded me. nothing special a 105-110 incher prob but I would have been happy to shoot him. Headed to PA for a wedding after work today. I may get out sat but they are calling for 24 in the morning and possible rain. Good luck to everyone
Old 11-04-2010, 11:57 AM
Typical Buck

Ed and I are postponing our planned Friday get together - nasty weather and scheduling. I have been getting pics of new bucks passing thru, a good rut indicator.

I am hearing from friends that it's mostly the youngsters that are out and about (but not all are young... ) .

-fsh
Old 11-05-2010, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, hunted hard all day today. Bucks are on the move. I saw 6 bucks today moving throughout the day. Almost closed the deal too! Had a super 9 pt come by but he stayed just out of range... grrr! Exciting encounter anyway. Ill be out all day again tomorroww hopefully he makes the same moves, I'm gonna adjust by 40 yrds or so.

Get out there if u can good luck!
Old 11-05-2010, 06:30 PM
Typical Buck

Guys
I hit a nice non-typical this afternoon, but my dog was not up to snuff. We did a combination Ruby-track and sight-track for about 600 yds when the trail started to get sparse, 50 yds btw blood drops. Ruby would track for a while, and then go veering off (possible on other deer tracks) - a bit frustrating when you can look at the blood and know she's off on a tangent. I think the buck would score comfortable in the high 130's, but I'll never know unless I find him tomorrow morning.

-fsh
Old 11-06-2010, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Aww! good luck Andy, hope you find him!

I went out this morning but all I did was scare deer as I walked in, shoulda stayed out of there. Heading back out now, hopefully if that deer comes by he takes the same path, I'm adjusting my stand about 80yds...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.