Community
2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 11 Natural Bone Killers!

Old 10-03-2010, 05:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like Ruby's getting a workout. Wonder if I can get our Dapple to pick up tracking.....

Congrats on the Sika Whacker! Can't wait to see some pics.
Old 10-03-2010, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the Sitka, its on my to-do list as well! I wonder if they count for this contest??

FSH - nice getting ruby out for some tracking, how's her training going?

I hunted friday morning then went out of town till today for my sister in-laws wedding. I saw a nice buck friday, but it was out of bow range and came straight downwind. I've never hunted the spot in the morning and I learned the hard way that the deer travel slightly different on their way back from feeding. I really hope I didn't educate him, he got to about 50 yrds then walked cross my wind and stopped dead and turn around... I'm gonna stay out of the area for a week or so and hope the encounter didn't spook him...
Old 10-04-2010, 07:00 AM
Fork Horn

Default Sika pics

Here you are guys. They are def interesting critters. Look at the hooves and the head where the antlers attach.
Attached Thumbnails Team 11 Natural Bone Killers!-resize.jpg   Team 11 Natural Bone Killers!-hooves.jpg   Team 11 Natural Bone Killers!-antlers.jpg   Team 11 Natural Bone Killers!-sikajpg.jpg   Team 11 Natural Bone Killers!-photo.jpg  

Old 10-05-2010, 05:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'll finally get to go back out in the woods tomorrow, looking forward to getting out with the recent drop in temps.

Getting tired of shooting spots!
Old 10-05-2010, 05:09 PM
Typical Buck

I've been seeing deer almost every trip, but tonight it got interesting. I had an 11 ptr (4x4 w/stickers) come into an oak flat right at sunset. Unfortunately, when he was just 16 yds out, he heard me brush against the tree I was in, and that was the ball game. Maybe 17" inside, nice tine length but short on mass, perhaps ~mid 120's...

-fsh
Old 10-06-2010, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Aww Andy! Sounds like a close encounter, which are always exciting! Too bad it didnt work out for you. Was this at the house place or at the base?

I sat in rain monday evening and only saw 1 doe... I'll be out again this sat mostly all day.
Old 10-06-2010, 04:25 PM
Typical Buck

Ed
I was on part of the base where I could have taken the buck - I am not too upset at losing him, there are two bigger bucks in the neighborhood... I hunted my farm tonight, saw 21 deer. My only opp on a nice doe was blown when the wind shifted.

-fsh
Old 10-07-2010, 06:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a couple good days - not so much on my end. Yesterday am I sat in some really thick stuff on a trail that a big buck was using last year, was there all morning w/o seeing anything.

Then last night I set up on a small plot in the bottoms and set out my decoy. Bumped something while setting it up, then around 5:30 something over to my right bolted when it got close. Couldn't see what it was thru the big cedar I was next to, but I heard it jump 3 times up the hill and that was it.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:58 AM
Fork Horn

Passed up a six pointer wednesday evening. Saw 13 deer total that night. I'm actually headed up to my parents farm in PA after work today and will be hunting the farm tomorrow morning. They are calling for 39 in the morning
Old 10-08-2010, 11:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck to all tomorrow! Winds should be prime for a morning hunt at my acorn hole... fingers crossed I get to connect. Don't think i'll be hunting tomorrow afternoon, gotta do the family time since I'm going away all next weekend for hunting.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.