2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 11 Natural Bone Killers!

Old 09-19-2010, 04:22 PM
Fork Horn

They're hitting the acorns here also.... They are really dropping in good numbers already. Good luck to everyone this week I should get out 2 or 3 times.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, what's going on with you guys who are hunting already? No more reports?

This waiting is killing me. Only two more days to go. I spent yesterday evening waxing my bowstring, inventorying my gear for the twentieth time. I did finally allow myself to load my quiver with five brand new Gold Tip 7595s. Three of them are tipped with Slick Trick Magnums and two have my tried and true 1 3/4" Grim reapers on the business end. Not much else to do now but wait.
Old 09-22-2010, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Haven't been out yet, yesterday would have been great cause it was cool, but we were getting hay delivered so I couldnt hunt the evening...

I'm gonna hang a stand tonight and wont hunt till sat, its gonna be HOT the next few days, so that will keep me outta the woods.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like I'll get out Friday (took the day off) the rest of the weekend will be family time.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've been keeping an eye on the weather forecast. I am simply dumbfounded by the forecast on weather.com. We're in the middle of a serious drought here where I live. I mean even the weeds are dying. Guess what the stinkin' forecast is for opening weekend (this Saturday and Sunday)? Yep.... rain. If that holds true you can bet that, barring lightning, I'll be out in it. The high temps have been holding steady in the mid to upper 90's, but the front that's supposed to come through this weekend is supposed to make the temps drop to where the highs will be in the upper 70's. That oughtta wake the deer up a little. At least that's what I'm hoping for. If it pours, I'll sit through it and hope an encounter comes in between downpours. I've been waiting for this for too long to let a little thunderstorm ruin my plans. I mean c'mon, opening day is my birthday and I WILL have my day in the trees.
Old 09-22-2010, 03:41 PM
Fork Horn

Hunted last
Night saw three... Had one with spots under the tree for 5 minutes. Haven't seen an antler yet. 90's around here, to hot to hunt anymore this week
Old 09-23-2010, 04:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Took advantage of the storms coming thru to hang a stand last night, high winds dulled the noise and the rain washed away the scent. I put it in a great location, cant wait to hunt it. It gives me a nice easy stand to get to, which I dont have on this farm. Will probably be out Sat morning and eve if the heat stays away.

Good luck to all..
Old 09-23-2010, 06:22 PM
Typical Buck

Still Waiting....til next weekend...
Old 09-24-2010, 04:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys, good luck this weekend! Keep us posted on your success. I'll be hunting some acorns tomorrow morning, not sure how the full moon is going to affect us... but I gotta go when I can!
Old 09-24-2010, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Went out htis morning and finally saw a rack - a dandy 12 incher!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.