2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team 11 Natural Bone Killers!

Old 09-09-2010, 04:39 AM
Typical Buck

finally getting a chance to check cameras this sat. hope to see a couple return from last year, only bigger.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

you got my vote Ed!
Old 09-10-2010, 05:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by wallhangr
you got my vote Ed!
What is that... 3 or 4 votes? Sounds like Ed's the Cap'n unless someone objects.
Old 09-10-2010, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Alright guys, I'll be the captain...

Just a warning though, I've been 0-4 the seasons when I'm team captain and the year I wasn't captain I killed 2 with a bow! So i think I'm jynxed, but I don't really believe in that
Old 09-10-2010, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

The sleepless nights are about to begin, 5 days til the opener. I've already started wearing my hunting watch with the alarm on for "high movement" times. Last year it was like an alarm clock, everytime I was in a tree and the alarm vibrated I had a deer in sight within 5 minutes.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hear ya man! I'm getting very excited now looking forward to the first weekend. I shot techno-hunt tonight with a buddy from work and I did really well, feeling good about the bow.

My first hunt will be next friday, I should be able to hunt all day... Going to a farm I haven't scouted 1 bit this season, but I've hunted there my whole life so I know where to go... just need to see a good buck. If I can sneak away from work early one eve I might head to a field edge for an hour or so...
Old 09-13-2010, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by wallhangr
The sleepless nights are about to begin, 5 days til the opener. I've already started wearing my hunting watch with the alarm on for "high movement" times. Last year it was like an alarm clock, everytime I was in a tree and the alarm vibrated I had a deer in sight within 5 minutes.
You've got me wishing that I had bought my Missouri tag this year. Then I'd be getting ready myself. As it is I've still got 11 more days to wait.
Old 09-14-2010, 12:12 AM
Fork Horn

Only one day away now...I can't get out in the a.m. but will be hunting a funnel to some beans tomorrow afternoon. Hopefully get a whack at something. Im down to my last ring of bologna and 2 packs of sausage
Old 09-14-2010, 04:37 AM
Nontypical Buck

Gotta work tomorrow too - going to run across the street from my house and sit on a bean field as well. Never seen anything of any size over there, but at least I'll be in the woods on opening day.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck to you guys! Unfortunately I can't make it out on opening day, but Friday's looking good! High of 72F!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.