HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2010-2011-bowhunting-contest-118/)
-   -   Team 11 Natural Bone Killers! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2010-2011-bowhunting-contest/327914-team-11-natural-bone-killers.html)

LittleChief 08-24-2010 07:08 AM

Originally Posted by HuntingEd (Post 3668586)
Anybody thinking of a team name??

It's not my strong suit. I'd be perfectly happy keeping the team name and avatar you're currently using and just changing the zero to a one.

I do think that you're gonna be the team captain though.

whacker 08-24-2010 10:13 AM

Hello everyone....I was on vacation all week and just got back to the computer. My name is Matt I'm 27. Ive been bowhunting for a few years and hunting since i was 12. I mainly hunt Public land on the Eastern Shore of MD and a private family farm in PA. I live on the eastern shore. I see we have a few other MD guys on the team. I entered an 8 pt for my team last year. Work generally slows down in the fall and I can managed to hunt 4 or 5 days a week usually before or after work. Hope everyone has a good season. I know im ready for the 15th.

HuntingEd 08-24-2010 10:26 AM

Welcome aboard Matt! I hunt mostly on the northern eastern shore, but also do a fair amount of hunting in VA. What part of the shore you live on?

hmthtrfan 08-25-2010 08:29 AM

Hey guys, sory for the late reply, been on vacation, then had a motherinlaw gallblatter disaster.

Hows things?

LittleChief 08-25-2010 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by hmthtrfan (Post 3669511)
Hey guys, sory for the late reply, been on vacation, then had a motherinlaw gallblatter disaster.

Hows things?

Ouch! Sounds like a tough ordeal to endure. Things are great on my end. Bow season is getting close and I'm getting anxious. My wife would call it "fidgety". I can't help it - it's in my blood.

fshafly2 08-25-2010 05:25 PM

Ditto on the MIL issues - hope it all comes out for the best hmthtrfan. Welcome to XI! (How does your handle translate - home theater fan)?

I have been working on getting fall plots into the ground. I'm putting in 3 plots on my farm (finished 2) and 8 plots on the local military base (finished 4). Lots of work, but I tell the wife it keeps me out of the bars, lol.

Ed - I am beginning to find some whiteoaks dropping prematurely now (green acorns); it looks like the whiteoaks are going to do well around here.

-fsh

LittleChief 08-25-2010 06:43 PM

I'll be doing most of my food plot work on my 1200 acre lease this Saturday. I'm looking forward to the chance to get up there and do some scouting as well. This will be my first year in this lease and there are some spots that the locals say haven't been hunted by anyone in ages. My terrain maps show a GREAT looking east-west saddle in a major north-south ridge and sight-unseen, it's where I plan on hunting. It's a 3/4 mile hike from the end of the nearest trail so it's pretty secluded. Sounds great to me. I hope it looks good....

wallhangr 08-26-2010 08:09 AM

Anyone come up with an idea for a team name yet?

HuntingEd 08-26-2010 08:41 AM

Andy - I was noticing the same thing last night, our big red oak tree was dropping some green acorns, they looked sizeable... Looks like I'll be hunting my favorite oak, honey hole on opening weekend!!

I'm taking a few days off next week to work food plots, we'll be putting in buck forage oats and/or something else for a fall planting... not sure what else to put in? I'm thinking of beets?

As far as team names... not sure, struggling here, but I'll throw some out:
11 Point Madness
The XI Factor

fshafly2 08-26-2010 11:11 AM

Ed
I mixed dwarf essex rape (DER) and red clover in with winter oats, and deer liked the mix last year. The red clover was browsed this summer. This year, I am experimenting with a few small plots of groundhog raddish (Welter Seed) - the forage raddishes are getting a good press. A friend who tried them last year said that deer hammered them.

-fsh