2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team Pneumothorax #8 Thread

Old 09-19-2010, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

It is an addiction, man! Good luck to all of you who have had your season's start. Mine begins in the morning! I will be heading out in about 7 hours to see if I can get some meat!
Old 09-25-2010, 10:52 PM
Bartender

I am still waiting on my bow's return and I can tell you this that I will be buying another low end bow for a needed backup.

Any of you guys have a update?
Old 09-27-2010, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have no update...passed on a forkhorn Saturday. May go this afternoon for a bit, but time is getting away as we speak.
Old 09-29-2010, 12:25 AM
Fork Horn

i have sixteen days til opeing day been preparing my gear and shooting the bow been seeing some really good deer some in the 130s so hopefully im in the right spot at the right time when one of the trophies walks by but thats why its called hunting not killing
The count down begins its going be the slowest days of my life til the sixteenth of october cant wait tho good luck to everyone else
Ny,
Old 09-29-2010, 10:53 PM
Bartender

I got my bow back yesterday from limbsaver and I am good to go.
Old 09-30-2010, 06:40 AM
Fork Horn

Good to hear peakrut.

Well, I have been out several times so far, but more for obersvation than anything. I had a buddy from Italy visiting over the last 3 weeks and we sat in a couple non-obtrusive locations. I didn't want to distrub my hunting. Well, he left early this week, so now I may actually be able to hunt a little more serious in the coming weeks. The weather has really take a turn around here. A lot cooler temps. It is starting to feel like fall finally. My camera activity has decreased a lot, but with the acorns dropping, I kinda expected it. I am still getting a few pics, but they are in the middle of the night on my food plots.

Well, back to work. Good luck all.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:37 AM
Fork Horn

Our season here in IL opens tomorrow so I'll be off work and out in the tree for sunrise. I'll also be hunting the afternoon. Never hunted this new ground so the first couple times will probably be a crapshoot until I somewhat figure out an idea of exactly where to sit. I'll keep you guys posted. Gotta go home tonight and inventory everything once more to make sure I have everything I need and throw a few more sticks.
Old 10-02-2010, 09:59 PM
Bartender

I got out Oct 1 here in Wisconsin and I manage to see a cat lol
Yesterday Oct 2nd though I picked up a new piece and I am pretty excited about it.

T
Old 10-03-2010, 07:06 AM
Fork Horn

I made it out and hunted October 1st. Didn't see anything in the morning. Afternoon hunt I saw a little 8 pointer and a little spike out in an open field sparring. I did find 2 scrapes that looked fresh. I plan on getting a camera out to the property to try to find out what caliber buck is making the scrape. How's everyone else doing? My dad hunted our other property last night but didn't see anything.
Old 10-04-2010, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Had a pretty good morning...saw several deer, and passed on some small bucks. Almost shot a decent 6, but managed to control myself. Nice, cool morning. They were moving pretty good. Maybe I'll get out this evening. Itching to get some blood on an arrow!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.