2010 - 2011 Bowhunting Contest HNI's annual archery deer hunting contest. Will the Bone Mafia win it again??

Team Pneumothorax #8 Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 06:10 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by mbmrang
One real nice 8 that I used the wrong site pin and one doe that I misjudged the distance on pretty bad. Those were the only 2 I tried on.

Good luck all.
Only 21 days left!
No worries. I didn't kill my first deer with a bow until my 7th or 8th season of bowhunting. And the year before I missed 9 deer. Twice I missed 2 in one hunt. I've put in more than enough time in the stand for the big bucks I've killed. I've now got 3 wallhangers, 1 with a bow, the other 2 with a shotgun. The buck in my avatar I killed when I was 19 with a shotgun. Total score was 172"+
Old 08-24-2010, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I missed my only shot at a buck last year with a bow too...really nice 8 that I will hunt again this year. He was at 38 yards and not going to get any closer...pretty sure he laid down on the ground when I shot. Went right over his back. Got a few really nice bucks on 3 of the properties I will be hunting. There are a total of 8 bucks on these properties combined that range between 120"-150". One other property has only one good buck that I know of on it...40 acres in city limits (therefore bow only). He is at least 160"...been frustrating the past hunter of the property for 4 years. I lucked up and got to get the right to hunt the property last year after his health went south and he gave up hunting...that makes 5 years, with my first included that he has been evading us. Absolute monster mainframe 8 with a bunch of junk. Saw him once last year at about 65 yards for about 20 seconds and after he left I felt the need to go home and change my drawers. I am very blessed to have some good properties to hunt. Some I can hunt more than others. Also, there are several good deer on the public land I hunt, but the are extremely skittish. This particular WMA seems to be hunted more heavily than any other I have hunted before. It is exciting to have the whole team checked in...hopefully we can have a little luck and bag some bone this year!
Old 08-25-2010, 08:27 AM
Fork Horn

Had I not missed that 130-140" Buck last year, our Team Hooters Shooters would have been the reigning champs. Here where I hunt in PA there are antler restrictions. A buck must have at least 4 points on one side to be a legal buck. Some guys on our team were getting on me to shoot any buck just to get some points for our team, but they didn't realize I couldn't legally do it. There are quite a number of good bucks in the areas I hunt. A real good buck for this area is between 110"-145"...not too many get over the 145" mark without someone shooting them in rifle season. I know for a fact the buck I missed during archery season last year made it through until this year because my buddy found the sheds last March. He keeps them in his truck and rubs them in my face every time I see him...a constant reminder of my mistake. But one things for sure...that buck is still in the area and I'll have another chance. I just have to beat my buddy to him...lol.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:47 AM
Fork Horn

Vote for Team Name: Pneumothorax
Vote for Team Captain: peakrut

I looks like we have 4 votes so far for the above. peakrut..with your vote for captain that's 5 votes. My guess is your the man.

peakrut....Do you accept the duties asked of you to run this team (looks like Pneumothorax) responsibly, professionally, ethically, unselfishly, and at all hours of the day (including nights, weekends, holidays, birthdays, etc) to the best of your sportsman-like ability so swear you God?

If you say no we'll have to shoot ya!
Old 08-25-2010, 09:16 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah I will not be shooting a small buck just for the sake of winning this online contest of people that I never see. Ha ha
Old 08-25-2010, 12:44 PM
Bartender

Yes I accept , but not for the professionally part hehehe
I will get the website working this week then lets just have some fun with this.
Originally Posted by dmounts
Vote for Team Name: Pneumothorax
Vote for Team Captain: peakrut

I looks like we have 4 votes so far for the above. peakrut..with your vote for captain that's 5 votes. My guess is your the man.

peakrut....Do you accept the duties asked of you to run this team (looks like Pneumothorax) responsibly, professionally, ethically, unselfishly, and at all hours of the day (including nights, weekends, holidays, birthdays, etc) to the best of your sportsman-like ability so swear you God?

If you say no we'll have to shoot ya!
Old 08-25-2010, 05:10 PM
Fork Horn

Well everyone its looking like its gonna be a good year for me this year. I have been putting out my cameras all summer and the count as of now is somewhere between 18 and 21 different bucks, 5 of which are good shooters...at least in my book(120'-130"). As they have grown ive lost track of some of them. but at one point I know i had 16 different bucks on 3 cameras on my farm at one time. the only bad thing about this year is Im coaching a HS football team and my hunting time til late Oct. will be limited.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:36 PM
Typical Buck

After reading about the opportunities alot of you guys have and what you are seeing I think we will be pretty high in the rankings for this contest. Good to get to know more about all of you, Looking forward to seeing some pics of each of you with some good deer. Good Luck everyone! Exactly 1 month to go for me until I will be in a stand in Ohio.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:41 PM
Fork Horn

Pic taken out my truck window tonight on a property I will be hunting. I cant wait for this season to get started!
Attached Thumbnails Team Pneumothorax #8 Thread-buck-8-25-10.jpg  
Old 08-26-2010, 01:00 AM
Bartender

Nice looking buck and his velvet off?
Originally Posted by dmounts
Pic taken out my truck window tonight on a property I will be hunting. I cant wait for this season to get started!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.